ZKGrails: ZK plugin for Grails
ZKGrails 2.5.2 have been released !!
Here's what you can do with ZKGrails 2.4, a mobile-first responsive enterprise AJAX app,
ZKGrails is a plugin for the next generation rapid Web development framework, Grails. Based on ZK, one of the leading RIA frameworks, ZKGrails adds and enhances its RIA development capabilities and seamlessly integrates it with Grails' infrastructures. This results in an advanced RIA framework featuring direct AJAX and convention-over-configuration.
Every 4 months, a (usually) major version of ZKGrails will be released. ZKGrails is licensed under LGPL. It's always opensourced and free for commercial use.
Looking for a demo? Here's Zello, a simple Trello-clone developed using the latest version of ZKGrails - User: demo, Password: demo. You may notice Zello's running faster than several ZK applications you've tried. Zello is highly optimized for responsiveness using a programming model permitted by Groovy. Zello 0.9 is developed using Grails 2.2.2 and ZKGrails 2.2.1.
Countdown: ZK for Grails 2.6
- Latest Public Stable: ZKGrails 2.5.2 (ZK 7.0.3 & Grails 2.3 - 2.3.11)
- Source tar ball for 2.5.2
- Hotfix bi-weekly build as well as 2.2.x, 2.3.x series are available through the LTS subscription.
You can use the mailing list here for both support and development discussion.
The annual subscription for ZKGrails LTS (Long-Term Support) including the urgent bug fixing service is available here.
In your app's grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy, add the Bintray repository like the following:
Next, in the plugins block, put the following lines:
compile ":zk:2.5.2" // ZK plugin
compile ":zk-angular:1.0.0.M3" // ZK Angular support
compile ":zk-bootstrap:1.0.0" // ZK Bootstrap support
compile ":zk-atlantic:1.0.1" // ZK Atlantic flat theme
$ grails refresh-dependencies
$ grails create-zul index
will give you
- grails-app/zul/index.zul linked with IndexComposer
- grails-app/composers/IndexComposer.groovy, the composer class.
$ grails run-app
and point your browser to
As of version 0.7, auto reloading is fully supported.
To create only a composer, you can type $ grails create-composer <name>.
If you are going to create zul files manually, please use this template for your .zul files. AnnotateDataBinderInit is for data-binding support. DelegatingVariableResolver is for injecting Spring beans, and GroovyGrails is for making Grails classes work for you.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?init class="org.zkoss.zkplus.databind.AnnotateDataBinderInit" ?>
- 18-Sep-2014 ZKGrails 2.5.1 has been released. This version added the support for .xhtml in grails-app/zul making you easier to work with ZK-Angular and existing themes.
- 08-Sep-2014 ZKGrails 2.5.0 and ZKGrails Angular 1.0.0.M3 have been released. This version ships with ZK 7.0.3. Binding Angular.JS with ZK-MVVM is now supported by ZKGrails.
- 31-Aug-2014 ZKGrails 2.5.0 will be delay a bit as we are waiting for the exciting ZK 7.0.3 release which supports ZK-Angular integration. Please stay tuned.
- 01-May-2014 ZKGrails 2.4.0 has been released publicly. This version supports Grails 2.3 - 2.3.8 with ZK 7.0.1.
- 26-Mar-2014 ZKGrails 2.3.4 has been released in the LTS. This version supports Grails 2.3 - 2.3.7 and ships with the new ZK 7.0.1 !!
- 24-Feb-2014 ZKGrails 2.3.3 has been released in the LTS. This version supports Grails 2.3 - 2.3.6. Due to a security exploit in Grails 2.3.5, it is strongly recommended for users to upgrade to Grails 2.3.6 and ZKGrails 2.3.3.
- 07-Feb-2014 ZKGrails 2.3.2 has been released in the LTS.
- 17-Jan-2014 ZKGrails 2.3.1 has been released on the Grails central as well as the Bintray and the LTS repository. This version contains fixes for several development issues and now supports Grails 2.3.5. Enjoy!
- 28-Dec-2013 ZKGrails 2.3.0 has been released on the Grails central repository. This version ships with ZK 7. Merry X-mas and happy new year !!
- 21-Nov-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.11 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 07-Nov-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.10 has been released in the LTS repository. This version upgraded ZK to 6.5.4.
- 31-Oct-2013 ZKGrails 2.3.0.M3 has been released in the LTS repository. This version ships with ZK 7-RC and has been tested against Grails 2.3.1.
- 18-Oct-2013 ZKGrails 2.3.0.M2 has been released in the LTS repository. This version also supports Grails 2.3.1.
- 30-Sep-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.9 has been released in the LTS repository. This version contains minor bug fixes.
- 18-Sep-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.8 has been released in the LTS repository. This version contains ZK 6.5.3 and has been tested against Grails 2.2 - 2.2.4.
- 29-Aug-2013 Because Grails 2.3 is still in the RC state, we have to postpone our ZKGrails 2.3 until Grails 2.3 is released. So we decided to release our best version of ZKGrails at the moment to the Grails central repository. ZKGrails 2.2.7 publicly released today.
- 19-Aug-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.7 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 16-Aug-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.6 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 31-Jul-2013 ZKGrails 2.3.0.M1 has been released in the LTS repository. This is the first milestone for the 2.3 series.
- 12-Jul-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.5 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 28-Jun-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.4 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 14-Jun-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.3 has been released in the LTS repository.
- 31-May-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.2 has been released in the LTS repository with several bug fixes. It's a drop-in replacement for 2.2.1.
- 18-May-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.1 has been released in the LTS repository. This version includes important bug fixes and supports Grails 2.2.2. For production deployment, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to this version.
- 28-Apr-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0 has been released !!
- 23-Mar-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M8 has been released in the LTS. This is the last milestone before the 2.2 GA.
- 16-Apr-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M7 (Binary identical to 2.2.0.M6) has been released in the LTS. It's the first official version to support Grails 2.2.x and this version contains ZK 6.5.2. We are moving towards the ZKGrails 2.2.
- 17-Mar-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M5 has been released in the LTS.
- 09-Feb-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M4 has been released in the LTS.
- 01-Feb-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M3 has been released in the LTS.
- 16-Jan-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M2 has been released in the LTS.
- 07-Jan-2013 ZKGrails 2.2.0.M1 has been released in the LTS.
- 29-Dec-2012 ZKGrails 2.1.0 has been released. This version ships with ZK 220.127.116.11.
- 30-Aug-2012 ZKGrails 2.0.0 has been released. This version ships with ZK 6.0.2.
- 24-Jun-2012 ZKGrails 2.0.0.M9 with ZK 6.0.1 and Live! has been released.
- 19-Aug-2008 ZK Plugin for Grails version 0.5 has been released.
© 2008-2014 The ZKGrails Project