How Can I Help?
If you'd like to help the XIG grow there are many ways to get involved. You don't even have to be a programmer.
Much of the success of any open project comes from the vibrancy of its community. See below for ways you can participate!
Ways to Get Involved
Tasks for everyone:
- Have you built something with the XIG? Make a video or blog write up and share it with us!
- Give feedback: something missing or broken? Make certain to file an issue.
- Clarify, edit, contribute to the UserDocumentation
Tasks for non-programmers:
- Create an instructional how-to video on a specific feature of the XIG
- Write a blog entry about your experience with the XIG, XBees or ConnectPort gateways
- Tweet to the world (and mention @xigproject) that you're using the XIG
- Share the XIG at your local hackerspace
Tasks for programmers:
- Create issues for code that isn't well commented
- Create new sessions (e.g. TCP, telnet, FTP, mailto)
- Write a tutorial on how to create new sessions with the XIG
- Share code: if you've made an object which interacts with the XIG (e.g. a cool Arduino project) share the code with the world and we'll link from it here!