Web Notes Framework
Moved to GitHub https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext
Web Notes Framework is a Python based web app framework, that helps you build database driven apps. It includes an Object-Relational Mapper and a rich admin / development web interface.
How is wnframework different from Django?
- It is tightly integrated with the front-end. In Django, the views are generated on the server-side but in wnframework, the views are rendered in the browser
- It contains a very rich development web interface and the entire application can be built from the browser
- It automates a lot of tasks so that you have to write minimum code
- Built-in Role based permission structure
- Built-in Report Builder with filters and column picking.
What kind of Projects have been built?
- A complete ERP system for Retail/Mfg/Services - https://www.erpnext.com
- MIS system for Pratham (India's largest NGO) tracking 30,000+ children
- Social Network (Pratham) - http://www.ionisee.com
- Comprehensive MIS system for a real estate consulting company
- CRMs for various companies.
- Web based auction system
- Module manager - see module repository at http://code.google.com/p/wnframework-modules
- OpenID integration - 50% done
- Multi-lingual interface
A nice intro to the Framework and a step-by-step instruction manual by Ranjith Kumar http://geexhq.com/webnotes/
- Website: http://wnframework.org
- Modules: http://code.google.com/p/wnframework-modules
- Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework
- Commercial: ERPNext / iWebNotes