This project describes an ASP.NET web module which can be added /customized in any SQL driven web application as a database administration module. When I first started with an admin section for a web application, I thought why not try to make something more general, a plug-n-play admin section which can be used for any SQL driven dynamic web application, and here is the result of the effort.
The target was:
- Create a self sufficient admin section which can be put into any SQL driven web application by changing the connection string for SQL Server in the web.config file.
- User needs to login before doing CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) operations (Not required for the AdminLite version).
- There should be individual pages one for each operation (CRUD) which will take the tablename as the parameter.
- A dataAccess class which wraps all the data access methods and returns the values or records as required.
- CRUD operations for tables (you can create/read/update/delete tables).
- Filter records using custom SQL queries.
- Execute custom SQL statements on the database.
- Support for paging/sorting.
- Includes SQL injection workaround for the login page using regular expressions - latest update.
- Support for multiple images (binary data in SQL tables).
For more information http://csharptricks.com/Articles/UniversalDBAArticle.aspx