My favorites | Sign in
Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source
New issue   Search
for
  Advanced search   Search tips   Subscriptions
Issue 143: No sound when trying to use Soundflower with Mackie Onyx 1620i (firewire audio interface) in AU Lab
1 person starred this issue and may be notified of changes. Back to list
Status:  New
Owner:  ----


Sign in to add a comment
 
Reported by bra...@gmail.com, Jun 21, 2012
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Use Mac OSX "Audio MIDI Setup" utility to create an aggregate input device consisting of SoundFlower (2ch) and Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire recording Mixer (16 ch FireWire input) for total of 18 inputs.
2. Launch AU Lab and create an AU Lab document using this aggregate device as input, and any source as output.  (Goal is to be able to work with Mac internal sound alongside inputs from the Mackie mixer, all in one AU Lab document.)
3. Generate an internal sound source (e.g. launch iTunes and play a song, or play a YouTube video with sound).  Verify the sound comes out normally through a normal sound output (e.g. Mac speakers or direct to Mackie Onyx 1620i board).
4.  Now switch Mac Sound Preferences output to SoundFlower (2ch).  Problem: no sound anymore!  (It should now be routed through the AU Lab document, but it's not for some reason.)

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expect to see the Mac iTunes sound being routed into SoundFlower and show up again in the AU Lab document on the SoundFlower input channel.  But there is no detection of the input.  (By contrast, if I create a simple AU Lab document with just Soundflower (2ch) as the only input and Mac Line Out as the only output, I can hear it fine.)

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Mac OSX 10.7.4, SoundFlower 1.6.2.1, MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB memory, Audio MIDI Setup 3.0.4, AU Lab 2.2.1, brand new Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire mixer with no driver required (full out-of-box Core Audio support)

Please provide any additional information below.
The Mackie Onyx unit works fine by itself in all other apps, and its inputs and outputs still work fine in the AU Lab document (even when it's part of the aggregate device).  Just the Soundflower channels don't work.  I have also tried adjusting the sample buffer for each unit to different settings (and making sure they're the same) but this doesn't seem to solve the problem.  I've also tried the usual reinstall/restart/relaunch ideas but no luck.

I noticed one other interesting bug:  If I skip AU Lab and just use SoundFlowerBed to route SoundFlower output directly to the Mackie 1620i, it will play fine for a few seconds, but then it hangs up and generates a loud single tone (as if something is stuck).  The pitch of the tone is around 350 Hz and continues until I disconnect SoundFlower.
Sign in to add a comment

Powered by Google Project Hosting