The EPUB Editor
Sigil 0.6.1 2012.12.02
- Implement issue 1801: Audio and Video tags and files should be supported by Sigil.
- Implement issue 1797: Clean Source should have preference options to set when it should run.
- Implement issue 1768: Add non-destructive pretty printer as an option in addition to the Tidy provided one.
- Implement issue 1770: Change Clean Source to no longer warn about restarting Sigil.
- Implement issue 1767: Change default file extension from html to xhtml.
- Implement issue 1695: Add tooltips to show counts of files in Book Browser and headings in Generate TOC.
- Implement issue 1731: Delete files, Unused Images and Styles dialog should be scrollable and allow unselecting entries.
- Implement issue 1735: Print stylesheets and other non-HTML files.
- Implement issue 1758: Handle importing invalid files with duplicate IDs in OPF file.
- Implement issue 1711: Reports should allow saving to comma separated text file.
- Implement issue 1712: Reports should be non-modal and allow editing book while still open.
- Implement issue 1748: Add a Copy Image context menu option for images.
- Implement issue 1738: Move Generate Table of Contents button to toolbar.
- Implement issue 1743: Insert Image should include an alt tag with filename.
- Implement issue 1717: Allow more control of Author field in Metadata Editor.
- Implement issue 1729: Bulk rename should allow changing file extension.
- Implement issue 1728: Open/add invalid HTML files should show line numbers of error.
- Implement issue 1742: Add context menu option in Preview View for Inspect Element.
- Implement issue 1734: Splitting files and new blank HTML files should use existing file extension.
- Implement issue 1732: Index Editor should support opening/importing .txt files.
- Implement issue 1687: Insert ID should warn if invalid ID names are used.
- Fix issue 1791: All are replaced by normal space when switching from Book View to Code View.
- Fix issue 1798: Files, *-tmp.epub, are left in /tmp/Sigil/scratchpad after closing Sigil.
- Fix issue 1785: Split at Cursor in Book View does not always update href links.
- Fix issue 1759: Zipped files get wrong date and time.
- Fix issue 1757: Spellcheck does not handle one letter misspellings properly.
- Fix issue 1750: Loading HTML file should not automatically generate TOC.
- Fix issue 1749: Right click on SVG images should give same options as other images.
- Fix issue 1730: Changing view or using back button should select file in Book Browser.
- Fix issue 1726: Selecting all text and replacing with a Clip causes crash.
- Fix issue 1707: Application may crash when editing files externally.
- Fix issue 1733: Files edited with Open With are not always updated when externally saved.
- Fix issue 1704: Language dropdown entries have blank entries.
- Fix issue 1740: When dockable windows are stacked the program can give error on close.
Sigil 0.6.0 2012.10.27
- Implement issue 1664: Improve performance of opening and changing tabs.
- Implement issue 1665: Attempt to recover EPUB if it is missing an ncx file.
- Implement issue 1643: Change Clean Source default to Pretty Print instead of Tidy.
- Implement issue 1636: Add shift-click Replace for Replace Current - replace but not find next match.
- Implement issue 1638: Improve performance of Generate TOC.
- Implement issue 1637: Provide more friendly handling of bad EPUBs by not crashing after showing warning.
- Implement issue 1629: Localization of title in contentx.opf semantics.
- Implement issue 1622: Allow Font Obfuscation to work for multiple font files.
- Implement issue 1620: Well-formed check option should be removed and replaced with more appropriate automatic checking.
- Implement issue 1617: Split should split at cursor position not at end of paragraph.
- Implement issue 1619: Generate TOC should show tooltip details for the heading in case title and text is blank.
- Implement issue 1618: Generate TOC should allow changing heading levels in document and TOC.
- Implement issue 1615: Generate TOC should number sigil_toc_id's across all files and delete unused id's before generating.
- Implement issue 1612: Improve performance of merging files.
- Implement issue 1611: Improve performance of switching and closing tabs.
- Implement issue 1610: Use html instead of xhtml as the default extension for new blank HTML files.
- Implement issue 1606: Allow rename of titles in Generate Table Of Contents and show filenames in tooltip.
- Implement issue 1601: Delete unused Images.
- Implement issue 1602: Delete unused Styles.
- Implement issue 1603: Allow formatting buttons to work in Code View.
- Implement issue 1600: Option to delete one line in Code View without selecting text.
- Implement issue 1597: Show HTML tag information for current location in text while in Book View.
- Implement issue 1594: Allow miscellaneous text files to be edited and others to be opened externally.
- Implement issue 1590: Insert image should allow insert from disk.
- Implement issue 1557: Sigil requires Qt 4.8 or above.
- Implement issue 1586: Spellcheck should allow setting a keyboard shortcut for Ignore Word to speed editing.
- Implement issue 1585: Spellcheck should have a menu entry to clear all ignored words.
- Implement issue 1584: Sigil should allow CSS file to be edited while viewing HTML.
- Implement issue 1583: Sigil should remember the current view state when it restarts.
- Implement issue 1573: Improve performance of bulk rename.
- Implement issue 1468: Allow images to be opened externally.
- Implement issue 1571: Display whether classes are used in the HTML or CSS files in a new Reports dialog.
- Implement issue 1572: Add feature to re-format CSS files
- Implement issue 1567: Remove XPGT support.
- Implement issue 755: Support 'code view' for svg images that are loaded as separate files.
- Implement issue 1561: Add Save A Copy option to save file under a different name without renaming current file.
- Implement issue 1559: Add option to insert special characters into document.
- Implement issue 1333: Add Hyperlink editor buttons to select target from existing ids and set id anchor.
- Implement issue 401: Add edit buttons for Uppercase, Lowercase, Propercase, Capitization.
- Implement issue 985: Sigil fonts should be configurable in Preferences.
- Implement issue 1248: Code View/CSS should allow colors to be configurable in Preferences.
- Implement issue 1153: Highlighted Text in Code view Difficult/Impossible to see.
- Implement issue 1511: Prompt to replace an image when adding an image that already exists in the book.
- Implement issue 1542: Add a Go to Style option to jump to the CSS class used by a tag.
- Implement issue 1541: Heading styles should optionally remove/keep attributes in tags.
- Implement issue 1540: Add option to tokenise spaces and numbers in F&R find text.
- Implement issue 1539: Regex should support options for minimal matching, dot includes newlines.
- Implement issue 1535: Add Clipboard History to automatically saved recent cut or copied text.
- Implement issue 1534: Option to toggle Book View or Preview View to Code View and vice versa.
- Implement issue 1528: Shortcut preferences should be simplified.
- Implement issue 1536: Split at Chapter Markers should split all files.
- Implement issue 1530: The heading dropdown should be changed to buttons for quicker selection.
- Implement issue 1529: Code View should support heading/formatting buttons as used in Book View.
- Implement issue 73: External HTML links should be usable but evoke warning dialog.
- Implement issue 1521: Tab headers right click to close other tabs, toggle view state.
- Implement issue 715: Search Editor for saving and executing Find & Replaces searches.
- Implement issue 588: Clip Editor for saving and inserting text.
- Implement issue 1519: Open and go back to links in Code View and Book View.
- Implement issue 167: Index Editor to create a book index.
- Implement issue 1450: View classes used in HTML files.
- Implement issue 102: View details of all HTML files.
- Implement issue 839: Word Count (in View HTML details).
- Implement issue 1392: View details of all images.
- Implement issue 1513: Add progress indicators to various functions.
- Implement issue 1510: Add Existing Files should only open last file not all files.
- Implement issue 1428: Find&Replace should allow Ctrl/Shift key modifiers to set what to search.
- Implement issue 1325: Insert Images support for multiple images, resizing, thumbnails.
- Implement issue 31: Automatically set "date of modification" on save.
- Implement issue 1508: Allow export/saving of individual files.
- Implement issue 1367: Shortcut key to remove code tags from selected text.
- Implement issue 761: Shortcut key to close last open tag (Code View).
- Implement issue 1507: Metadata dialogs should allow double click to select.
- Implement issue 1457: Save should not add heading ids - already done in Generate TOC.
- Implement issue 1444: Sigil should not include .txt or .html in file associations during install.
- Implement issue 1443: Find&Replace should save state on restart.
- Implement issue 1416: Don't add selected text to F&R history and increase selected
text limit for being auto loaded into F&R.
- Implement issue 1414: Cover semantic should not be added automatically.
- Implement issue 1405: Cleared shortcut reset to default after restart.
- Implement issue 1407: Tidy should allow more fine-grained control.
- Implement issue 1393: Add Semantics Text should only apply to one file.
- Implement issue 1369: Add support for \xDD as Regex replacement in F&R.
- Implement issue 1285: Display image properties.
- Implement issue 534: Link to Stylesheets option for HTML files.
- Implement issue 1385: Metadata editor should always display fields
- Implement issue 1311: Metadata support for all RfC 639-2 languages.
- Implement issue 1335: Run Save As automatically if saving new html file.
- Implement issue 1366: TOC window tree support for collapse/expand all.
- Implement issue 759: Auto generate inline TOC HTML file.
- Implement issue 32: Metadata custom "date" options.
- Implement issue 33: Metadata options for creators and contributors.
- Implement issue 1374: Split View is now Preview View with code inspector.
- Implement issue 184: Superscript/subscript buttons.
- Implement issue 443: Book View RTL languages support (right to left rtl tag).
- Implement issue 504: Book View button for normal paragraph.
- Implement issue 1265: Preference to manually set UI language.
- Implement issue 1295: Metadata Editor support for translating descriptions.
- Implement issue 77: Metadata support for multiple language elements.
- Implement issue 1180: Spell Check button/menu to find next misspelled word.
- Implement issue 1045: Better highlighting of misspelled words.
- Implement issue 1301: Preferences for User and Additional Dictionary locations.
- Implement issue 1058: Use ini format for settings on all platforms.
- Implement issue 1376: Change organization name and location of settings to sigil-ebook.
- Implement issue 1381: Switch to using Minizip for 1.1 for ZIP support.
- Remove ZipArchive and Zipios++.
- Implement issue 1380: Update zlib to 1.2.7.
- Implement issue 1383: Remove the use of a precompiled header.
- Implement issue 1377: Update PCRE to 8.31.
- Make PCRE 8.31 with UTF-16 support the minimum required version.
- Bundled PCRE uses PCRE's JIT for faster searching.
- Modify Regex search code to use UTF-16 instead of UTF-8 for all
searches. This brings search in line with the view components
being able to display UTF-16 characters.
- Implement issue 1378: Update Hunspell to 1.3.2.
- Implement issue 1379: Update Boost to Boost 1.49.0.
- Implement issue 1283: Spell check should have an ignore option.
- Fix issue 1694: User dictionary shows duplicate entries and doesn't scroll to new entry when adding.
- Fix issue 1693: Words in user dictionary could be lost if blank entries are saved.
- Fix issue 1692: Code View highlighting incorrectly hides spelling issues if an & is used.
- Fix issue 1674: Batch rename changes filename extension.
- Fix issue 1663: Generate TOC gives heading ids for items not in the TOC.
- Fix issue 1642: Replace sometimes leaves a \1 in the text.
- Fix issue 1635: Replace can replace too much text if manual selection includes extra text.
- Fix issue 1639: Ensure Spellcheck treats single quotes as word boundary appropriately.
- Fix issue 1624: Do not close Sigil if an invalid HTML file was added.
- Fix issue 1623: Do not leave Sigil in an invalid state if an invalid book was opened.
- Fix issue 1605: Sigil cannot read epubs missing mimetypes as first file since container.xml might not be found.
- Fix issue 1621: Change sigilNotInTOC to sigil_not_in_toc for consistency but still recognize legacy value in old files.
- Fix issue 1477: Sigil may crash when loading ePubs containing empty (zero-sized) files.
- Fix issue 1589: Clicking on TOC entry the first time does not scroll to a heading at the top of the page.
- Fix issue 1582: Replace All should be single-threaded to avoid certain crashes.
- Fix issue 1581: Caret position in Book View - Code View syncing is not always correct.
- Fix issue 1580: Chapter split starts new files with suffix _002 instead of 001.
- Fix issue 1579: Generate Headings in TOC should select next item after unchecking an item.
- Fix issue 1563: Split Chapter break can create empty page.
- Fix issue 1284: Image and Stylesheet paths not updated for duplicate references when importing.
- Fix issue 1155: Filename removed from href in anchor tag when importing HTML.
- Fix issue 1553: Rename of one html file should keep file selected, allow rename shortcut, link stylesheets.
- Fix issue 1551: Generate TOC include column scrolls offscreen when headings are long.
- Fix issue 1550: Table of Contents window is not emptied if all TOC entries deleted manually.
- Fix issue 1549: Sigil should not modify source by converting shy/ndash/mdash to entities automatically.
- Fix issue 1345: Adding accented words dictionary doesn't work.
- Fix issue 1546: Find&Replace loses focus when changing tabs or going from Book to Code View.
- Fix issue 425: Shift+ PgUp/PgDn does not work in text editor.
- Fix issue 1390: Image is not updated until restart if deleted and re-added.
- Fix issue 1413: Crashes when opening a particular epub.
- Fix issue 1543: Tabs should only do updates when finished loading to improve performance.
- Fix issue 1395: A type of hyphen, when pasted in code view, crashes Sigil.
- Fix issue 1429: Changes to stylesheets are not seen in book and preview views.
- Fix issue 1406: Typing spaces on a word highlighted by spelling crashes Sigil.
- Fix issue 1524: Replace \s does not always match newlines.
- Fix issue 1538: Sigil can save a corrupted epub file if zip fails.
- Fix issue 1517: Delete selected file should not open another file unnecessarily.
- Fix issue 1474: New lines added in every xhtml file after saving.
- Fix issue 1486: Replace replaces even if text doesn't match if manually changed.
- Fix issue 1483: Add Existing Files adds HTML files in reverse order.
- Fix issue 1479: F&R auto-completer preventing searching for same word different case.
- Fix issue 1424: Spell check does not allow paste next to misspelled word.
- Fix issue 1422: Delete file should not update tab if opened file is not deleted.
- Fix issue 1417: OPF meta tags not updated if Cover image renamed or deleted.
- Fix issue 1408: Book Browser should not translate folder names.
- Fix issue 1308: Allow renaming file extensions.
- Fix issue 1363: Open and Save file directory inconsistent.
- Fix issue 1130: Content.opf edits overwritten by save.
- Fix issue 1354: Chapter Split breaks links in second half of document.
- Fix issue 999: Split does not update file references in TOC.
- Fix issue 1277: Meta-editor will not open.
- Fix issue 1281: Semantics information retained for deleted files.
- Fix issue 1338: F&R Replace All can crash using current file with large replaces.
- Fix issue 1296: F&R Search All crashes if HTML file doesn't have focus.
- Fix issue 1382: Settings not saving to disk.
- Fix issue 1272: Tabs should always use the View state set by the View buttons.
Sigil 0.5.3 2012.02.25
- Fix issue 1254: Bulk rename will stop if one name matches, context menu
needs cleanup and warnings.
- Fix issue 1268: Find/Replace all files does not search in book order,
and other issues.
- Fix issue 1266: Store user dictionary as UTF-8.
- Ensure the checkmarks in add semantic are set correctly when selecting
- Fix issue 1030: Don't close if canceling out of a failed save.
- Fix issue 1258: Find/Replace step by step in All HTML files is broken.
Sigil 0.5.2 2012.02.09
- Fix issue 1253: Replace All in All HTML files adds extra blank lines in
- Fix issue 1251: Merge does not work if you previously used split chapter.
- Fix issue 1249: Replace All in All HTML Files leaves cursor at the
- Fix issue 1247: Cannot rename file extension in book browser and rename
selected should default to first extension name.
- Fix issue 1238: Deleting a file does not go to the next closest entry
in book browser.
- Fix issue 1236: Replace All in Current file does not center cursor.
- Fix issue 1234: Switching from Code View to Split View and SplitCV to
CV does not vertically center the cursor.
- Fix issue 1237: Rename does not keep current selection in book browser.
- Fix issue 1242: Metadata::FreeFormMetadata missing assignment line 360.
- Fix issue 1235: Deleting one file does not give a warning dialog.
- Fix issue 1129: Crash when importing existing image.
Sigil 0.5.1 2012.02.05
- Issue 1225:
* Add searching selected files.
* Add search wrapping.
* Replace in BV automatically goes to CV.
* Fixed bug where in CV if you do a replace of a word and then replace
all when there are the same words on the page, the page view wouldn't
* Various fixes.
- Add English translation file used for plural strings.
- Implement issue 986: Automatically renumber playorder in TOC NCX.
- Implement issue 1224: F&R modifications to update layout and add Regex Multiline.
- Fix issue 1214: Dictionary files do not include hypen files or GB files.
- Fix issue 1213: Find and Replace does not save file when F&R is already
open and searching all HTML files.
- Remove the ability to use F&R to replace text in BV as it is unfixable in
its current state.
- Fix issue 1215: Book View line/column incorrect in status bar.
- Fix issue 1216: Re-opening a document already in a tab resets the cursor
position back to the top.
- Fix issue 1218: F&R cleanup.
- Fix issue 1212: Remove opf namespace rewriting when opening a file because
it ended up being more trouble than it was wroth.
- Fix issue 1188: New Sigil Regex engine crashes when pressing "replace all",
works fine on pushing "replace" over and over and over again.
- Implement issue 269: Select more than one item in the Book Browser Column.
- Implement issues 792: Add Shortcuts for next/previous HTML file with regard
to reading order, and sync selection in book browser to open tab.
- Implement issue 1135: New blank section must be automatically selected on book browser.
- Implement issue 1148: Allow user to change the order of split view so book view or code
view is first.
- Implement issue 1168: Add ability to sort HTML files alphanumerically.
- Implement issue 1174: Add new blank html section should insert section after selected file.
- Implement issue 1181: Merge Previous when previous file is open in current tab requires
refresh to see merged data.
Sigil 0.5.0 2012.01.21
- Implement issue 533 and 1079: allow user to select which level(s) of <h> to include.
- Fix issue 788: Error saving when the folder the file was in was renamed
- Fix issue 998: Don't select file extension on rename in book browser.
- Fix issue 1111: Failure to rename to same name with case change.
- Implement issue 205: Drag and drop for images to book and code views.
- Fix issue 1019: issues with opf-namespace declaration.
- Inline spell check with right click replace in Code View.
- Fix issue 1064: Issues with editing epubs with differing html extensions.
Take mimetype into account when opening the file to help determine how to
deal with the file.
- Fix issue 1055, 1038, 1006: Focus switching causes unwanted cursor jumping
in split view. Don't auto sync cursor position between views.
- Implement issue 375: Add image selection dialog for inserting existing
images into book and code views.
- Add menu items for setting heading, adding new items, show / hide toolbars.
- Organize menu.
- Fix issue 803: Print prints immediately, no dialog box.
- Implement 245: Unify zoom levels (book, text, image) and store the levels.
- i18n capability. Build and load translation files.
- Add keyboard shortcut manager so user can change the keyboard shortcuts. Fixes 966.
- Add preference dialog. Closes 206, 718.
- Refactor Find & Replace into a widget that appears below the editor. Closes issues:
- Windows Installer: Add Sigil as a handler for EPUB and HTML files so that jump lists
will work and it will always show up on the 'Open With...' menu.
- Fix issue 1033, 1034: Implement scroll to fragment for Code View and fix scrolling for
- Fix issue 1032: Remove '=' from the list of valid characters for ids.
- Fix issue 1001: Valid IDs are now formed by replacing invalid characters with
underscores. Colon removed from the list of valid characters.
- Fix issue 1014: Sigil was erroneously assuming that fragment ids would be unique
across the entire book, whereas they're only required to be unique within a
particular xhtml document. New code implemented to cover those situations where
this assumption is wrong.
- Fix issue 1015: Fix issues with cursor positioning in Split View.
- Fix issue 1022: Added support for Adobe's page-map.xml pagination extension. (Must
use this exact filename).
- Implement issue 183: Use a PCRE regular expression engine instead of QRegExp.
Also fixes issue 498: regex '^' (start of line) broken.
- Implement issue 168: Allow selection of multiple Meta Editor properties.
- Allow for deleting multiple metadata items.
- Implement issue 368: Pressing enter key on item in book browser should open item.
- Fix issue 1005: Regression from change to ensure metdata element has dc namespace.
Sigil v0.4.2 2011.09.02
- Fix issue 993: Split then selection jumps back to top instead of selection point.
- Fix issue 988: fail to scroll properly after chapter split.
- Allow users to disable Well-Formed checks or if they should be auto fixed as they
were in 0.3.x.
- Don't read use tidy setting from disk each time it's checked. Store the setting and
save / load it upon edit and startup. This prevents Sigil from using the wrong value
when multiple instances are open.
- Use Pretty Print when auto fixing well formed errors.
- Added a safety check to LoadTabContent() to ensure that focus changes don't cause a
loss of non-well-formed data that has been entered but not saved.
- Fix an issue where the opf namespace is being written in individual elements in the metadata
section in the OPF. We're now going to clean and write the dc and opf namespaces directly
to the metadata element when loading an OPF to ensure they're present and correct.
- Fix for entities not being displayed when loading a file where they are saved as unicode
in the file itself.
- Fix for typo in code to preserve entities.
- Fix for path encoding issue on reconstructing the opf.
Sigil v0.4.1 2011.08.26
- Fix issue 615: implement undo for Find/Replace in Book View.
- Update Toc section of manual for 0.4 Toc panel.
- Implement issue 80: Select lines when clicking on line number in line number area in
- Fix issue 770: Incorrect file permissions for some files in archive create on OS X.
- Fix issue 890: Line number mismatch between Code View and Validation Results when
style tag in head section contains CDATA. CDATA was being stripped from the Code View.
- Fix issue 942: Work around for the Nook not being able to deal with cover meta element having
attributes in alphabetic order.
- Fix issue 976: Creation of new Code View tab fails to show all content if the web page's
asynchronous loading is delayed.
- Fix an issue where the line numbers in code view were not aligned to the line they represent.
- Fix issue 871: Update heading combo when putting cursor on block with heading style.
- Fix the formation of an empty paragraph at the top of the new file on doing a chapter split
in Book View.
- Fix issue 967: toc.ncx file keeps erasing manual input.
- Fix issues 657, 661, 694 and 867: The Heading Selector in Book View will now function as
expected and find the correct block-level tag to change rather than attempting to change
inline tags. It will also retain the attributes (including class) of the old tag.
- Fix the entity display for shy, mdash and ndash.
- Set modified state on book when page order is changed.
- Fixed the cursor issues on moving from Book to Code View and vice-versa. The new view should
now always gain keyboard focus and show the cursor properly.
- Insert the xml tag explicitly so that Tidy doesn't insert one without encoding and standalone
- Fix issue #877: Invalid xml error prevents Find/Replace window from opening.
- Fix issue where switching between code and book view causes the code view to load old data
from book view.
- Implement issue 364: Go to line #.
- Implement issue 742: Shortcut/menu action to close all tabs except the current one.
- Fix issue 959: Original creator's name is mangled in About dialog.
- Fix for chapter splitting issue involving filenames with spaces.
- Makes sure the cursor is properly displayed on entering Code View.
Sigil v0.4.0 2011.08.15
- Fix issue 650: Convert SVG prefixes into a form that Tidy will tolerate.
- Fix issue 952: Allow compatible extension changes.
- Fix issue 835: File, Close shortcut does not work on OS X due to shortcut conflict.
- Fix issue 793: Don't delete com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml.
- Fix issue 319: Adding chapter break in code view at end of current chapter creates new
chapter before the current one.
- Fix issue 947: Normalise headings before automatically generating the TOC.
- Build system changes to accomidate the Windows SDK.
- Remove empty styles on body tags when cleaning webkit junk.
- Fix issue 549 : Split on SGF Chapter Markers puts new files (sections) at end of file list.
- Fix issue 869: Right-click in Code View with error in code shows error dialog.
- Fix issue 919 and issue 316: Replace potentially problematic characters with named or
- Change About to include an authors section.
- Fixed and issue where chapter splitting loses some chapters, places others in wrong order
- Fixed an issue where language was not being properly detected (issue 923).
- Fixed an issue where font mangling caused file duplication (issue 932).
- Fixed an issue where extra blank lines were left in the STYLE section (issue 937).
- Fixed an issue where FlightCrew was reporting erroneous Resource is reachable but not present
in OPF errors (issue 813).
- Fixed string format compile warnings (issue 892).
- Fixed GCC 4.6 compile failure (issue 864).
- Changed Save As shortcut key to Ctrl+Shift+S (issue 838).
- Fixed an issue where the shortcut keys were not working properly on OS X (issue 838).
- Fixed an issue where metadata changed in metadata editor unsaved if Sigil closed right after
- OS X minimum version bumped to 10.6.
- on Linux machines, the installer now places a shortcut to Sigil in the Applications->Office
menu instead of in a special "Sigil" folder under the Gnome root menu (issue #162)
Sigil v0.4.0 RC1 2011.04.22.
- fixed an issue with splitting on SGF chapter markers creating the new HTML files in the wrong
order (issue #828)
- fixed a rare crash/memory corruption issue with automatic OPF updates
- made the CSS resource path updates faster and more robust
- updated FlightCrew so that CSS resource use is now far more robustly detected (issue #822)
- fixed a rare hang when opening the Meta Editor on Win XP machines
- a more accurate error message is now displayed for problems with file loading/saving
- fixed an issue with incorrect font filepath updates in the CSS (issue #736)
- fixed an issue with paths in the OPF not being URL-encoded (issue #823)
Sigil v0.4.0 ß3 2011.03.24
- added a workaround for loading broken epub files that use the incorrect mimetype for the
NCX (issue #815)
- fixed a rare issue with loading epub files with OPF's that had the XML version set to 1.1,
but also had other attributes in the XML declaration (issue #812)
- fixed an issue with entries appearing at random in the TOC after a split on SGF markers
is followed up with "Generate TOC from headings" request (issue #804)
- fixed an issue with files not appearing in the Book Browser after a split on SGF markers
- fixed a regression that caused the auto-cover-setting heuristics to unset covers when they
are already set (issue #806)
- opening an HTML file now automatically builds a TOC from the headings
- fixed a regression that caused the Add Semantics menu to stop working (issue #807)
Sigil v0.4.0 ß2 2011.03.21.
- fixed an issue with the ID of the manifest item of a resource not being updated when the
resource was renamed
- fixed an issue with chapter splits being created in the wrong reading order (issue #797)
- fixed an issue with some HTML files disappearing after a save/load cycle if chapter splitting
was performed before the save
- fixed an issue with renaming a file and then splitting it causing duplicate ID's in the OPF
manifest (issue #800)
- fixed a validation issue with the Meta Editor not adding the correct namespace prefix to some
Dublin Core metadata element attributes
Sigil v0.4.0 ß1 2011.03.20
- fixed an issue with CSS @import rules in the '@import "something.css"' format not being
recognized and thus not updated on import
- removed the "CustomID" basic metadata entry from the Meta Editor; those wishing to use
custom ID's can now add them directly to the OPF
- Sigil now preserves custom unique identifiers in the OPF (issue #552)
- removed support for the Sigil-proprietary SGF format
- the user can now edit the OPF file by hand (issue #281)
- the user can now edit the NCX file by hand (issue #282)
- the OPF file is now preserved on import (issue #586)
- the NCX file is now preserved on import (issue #283)
- the Table Of Contents editor has been replaced with a new Table of Contents sidebar;
clicking on an item in this sidebar takes the user to the target location, enabling TOC
navigation (issue #100)
- a dialog now informs the user if his XHTML, NCX or OPF documents are not well-formed
XML (with error location and description), thus allowing him to fix the potential problems
by hand instead of leaving them to Tidy to fix (issue #519)
- fixed a rare issue with no tab opened by default when loading epubs
- made the sigil.sh startup script more robust (courtesy of Craig Sanders) (issue #737)
Sigil v0.3.4 2011.01.12.
- fixed a regression ("Not a folder" error) with opening certain epub files on Mac and
Linux systems (issue #731)
Sigil v0.3.3 2011.01.06.
- added a small "Donate" button to the toolbar and a related entry in the Help menu
- added a .desktop file for the make install target (courtesy of Richard Gibert)
- this time *really* worked around a Tidy bug that added blank lines to the start of <pre>
and <style> elements (issue #655)
- updated ZipArchive from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0
- fixed a regression crash bug with loading extremely rare HTML content documents that have
an internal DTD subset
- added a workaround for a crash bug caused by invalid epubs that use obfuscated fonts but
with incorrect UUID URN key syntax (issue #709)
- integrated the FlightCrew epub validation library; a new toolbar icon triggers epub
validation and displays the results (issue #28)
- fixed a rare input truncation problem when the input file contains a unicode nbsp and also
specifies standalone="yes" in the XML declaration (issue #677)
Sigil v0.3.2 2010.11.24.
- added a new toolbar button for turning Tidy cleaning on/off; this option is also available
from the Tools menu (issue #553)
- added support for TrueType Collection fonts with extension TTC
- InDesign (as of CS5) refuses to list the fonts it embeds in the OPF manifest of the epub
files it exports, even though the epub standard demands it. This causes Sigil to not pick up
these fonts when opening such epub files. A workaround has been added that will detect such
problematic epubs and then load the font files.
- fixed a rare crash issue when loading epub files
Sigil v0.3.1 2010.11.07
- added a new "Font Obfuscation" context menu for font files in the Book Browser; the user can
now select (or de-select) the use of Adobe's or the IDPF's font obfuscation methods; this also
resolves the problem where Sigil refused to open epub files that use such obfuscated fonts with
the message that the epub has DRM
- fixed a validation issue caused by Sigil using "application/x-font-opentype" as the OPF
mimetype instead of "application/vnd.ms-opentype"
- fixed a crash when opening the TOC editor for some epub files (issue #654)
Sigil v0.3.0 2010.11.04
- root rights no longer needed to install on Linux
- fixed an issue with some child headings being attached to incorrect parent headings in the
TOC if the parent was marked as "not in TOC" (issue #476)
- fixed an issue with some UTF-8 characters outside the BMP (usually CJK characters) not being
saved properly (issue #180)
- fixed an issue with certain path types not being correctly updated as a result of the
fix for issue #501 (issue #561)
- the Book Browser now prevents adding files that already exist in the epub
- previously, when adding external XHTML files through the Book Browser, any files (like CSS
stylesheets or images) that were linked from that file were included in the epub under a
different name if their original name was "taken"; this caused duplicates so this behavior
has changed: files whose names are "taken" are now skipped over (issue #482)
- fixed a rare issue that caused incorrect path updates for anchor links pointing to file names
that were suffixes of other chapter file names, and the anchor had a fragment ID (issue #598)
- fixed an issue with the image paths in background-image CSS rules not being updated when
the path changes (issue #594)
- Sigil now informs the user that DRMed files cannot be opened, instead of just crashing
- this time *really* fixed the "acknowledgments" error that was reported as fixed in RC1
- fixed a crash on load (with an error dialog) issue on Linux systems occurring when multiple
users on the same machine tried to use Sigil (issue #642)
- fixed a randomly occurring crash, usually triggered on Macs during loading (issue #643)
Sigil v0.3.0RC2 2010.10.08
- fixed a file-corruption-on-save issue caused by XHTML files being saved in UTF-8, but
declared as UTF-16 (issue #617)
Sigil v0.3.0RC1 2010.10.08
- fixed a validation issue caused by using the American spelling for "acknowledgments" where
the OPF spec uses the British "acknowledgements" (issue #611)
- Sigil now uses "application/x-font-ttf" as the media type in the OPF for TrueType fonts
- on Mac OS X, the universal build now includes an x64 version of Sigil, and builds now
use Cocoa instead of Carbon; support for Mac OS X 10.4 is dropped along with support for
- fixed a problem with opening files from the Ubuntu "Open With" menu (issue #524)
- made Tidy handle common user errors like "&co." in the HTML source instead of "&co."
- fixed a rare Tidy bug with disappearing spaces when the only whitespace in an element was
the newline following a start tag (issue #387)
- changed the internal DOM engine from Qt's QDom to Xerces; this should also bring numerous
bug fixes and performance improvements plus a small (~10%) decrease in memory consumption
- updated Qt to 4.7: this should bring a 400%+ performance increase in Book View rendering
along with countless smaller performance improvements and bug fixes across the board
- switched to the MSVC 10 compiler for Windows releases; should bring ~5% general performance
- fixed several crash/error problems relating to opening, saving and modifying epub files which
have onerous file permissions set for internal content files (issue #574)
- added a workaround for broken epubs created by other epub-producing software which caused
a crash on certain searches with the Find dialog (issue #548)
- fixed a problem with Book Browser's "Merge with previous" action if a file was previously
deleted from the Book Browser (issue #565)
- fixed a problem with chapter splits being placed in the wrong reading order if a file was
previously deleted from the Book Browser (issue #497)
Sigil v0.2.4 2010.08.12.
- fixed a problem with updating image paths for images with the same filename but coming from
different parent directories (issue #501)
- added a new "Merge With Previous" context menu action for XHTML files in the Book Browser
- changed Tidy to handle the common typing mistake of ending entities with a ':' instead
of a ';' (issue #535)
- fixed a bug where double-clicking a file in the Book Browser for a file that was already
opened in a tab switched that tab back to Book View; the tab now retains whatever View
it was in previously
- newly opened tabs now default to the View of the current tab (issue #468)
- re-engineered the locations where Sigil stores its work files; the system-provided temp
folder is now used; this should alleviate some permissions issues on certain machines,
especially Macs (issue #404)
- Sigil now prevents the renaming of files in the Book Browser to filesystem invalid names
- changed the keyboard shortcut that opens the Replace dialog from Cmd+H to Cmd+Shift+F
on Macs only; Cmd+H is used by Mac OS X for window hiding (issue #477)
- fixed an issue with Sigil using XHTML 1.0 for OPS doctypes, instead of XHTML 1.1
- several files can now be marked as having the Text semantic type (issue #522)
- fixed an issue with Direction: All in book wide searching skipping last XHTML file
- fixed an issue with the declared XML encoding not being picked up if it was wrapped
in single quotes instead of the more standard double quotes
- fixed an issue where the user could avoid the warning dialog for book-wide searching in
Book View if he switched to this mode in Code View, and then switched back
Sigil v0.2.3 2010.06.22.
- fixed an issue with the new data from one view sometimes not being saved in the final
epub when switching to the other view
- worked around a Qt focus issue causing current tab data to sometimes not be saved;
this was uncovered by fixing the hang-on-save issue, which was caused by the same
underlying problem (issue #466)
Sigil v0.2.2 2010.06.20.
- simplified the resource locking mechanism; should eliminate the hang-on-save issue
- fixed a problem with BookView chapter splitting sometimes not being registered on save,
causing duplicate content (issue #450)
Sigil v0.2.1 2010.06.18.
- XHTML files that specify two different encodings are now fixed by removing the incorrect one
- Sigil now checks the XML encoding attribute for an encoding before the HTML metatag
and charset; should now be more compatible with Calibre created epub books
- created/used 16px version of all icons; icons in menus are not blurry anymore (issue #121)
- the Find&Replace dialog now uses the currently selected text (if any) as the default search
term (issue #370)
- fixed issues with unnecessary reloads of the code view (issue #412, issue #398)
- fixed an issue with the HTML file filter in the open file dialog not correctly filtering
files (issue #416)
- fixed an issue with files without extensions not being saved in the final epub (issue #400)
- fixed an issue with XPGT resources sometimes being saved blank (issue #433)
- fixed a regression that made it impossible to add removed headings back into the TOC
- fixed a problem with some file-wide replacements reverting
- fixed a problem with the opened tabs not being updated until the user gave them keyboard
focus when a file-wide replace was performed (issue 408)
- fixed a problem with Book View not reflecting changes done in Code View when the
Code View was used for editing, and then the tab closed
- use of custom synchronization primitives should resolve most infrequent hang bugs
- fixed a problem with the search not progressing in Book View find&replace when using
- fixed an issue with inserting images that have apostrophes in the filename (issue #391)
- TOC text now has leading and trailing whitespace trimmed, and inner whitespace condensed
- an empty ALT attribute is now added to <img> elements that don't have them (issue #406)
- added the build time to the About dialog, showing date and time in UTC
Sigil v0.2.0 2010.05.11.
- added new entries to the help menu for the online manual and the FAQ
Sigil v0.2.0 RC4 2010.05.08.
- fixed a regression that broke FindNext opening new tabs when searching across HTML files
- fixed an issue with autocompletion in Find dialog ignoring the case of search terms
Sigil v0.2.0 RC3 2010.05.07.
- fixed a regression that messed up the tab order of the controls in the Find dialog
- fixed an issue with cross-file FindNext causing a hang when the search term is not in
the book and "Direction: All" is used (issue #378)
- the Text folder in the Book Browser is now expanded by default after loading
Sigil v0.2.0 RC2 2010.05.05.
- fixed an issue with ReplaceAll across files not using correct replacement lengths
- fixed an issue with code in Code View not being pretty-printed
- fixed an issue with the ReplaceAll across files not informing the opened tabs of the change
Sigil v0.2.0 RC1 2010.05.03.
- changes in the Book Browser now update the modified state of the main window (issue #331)
- the Book Browser can now be opened/closed from the View menu (issue #335)
- all the toolbars now have UI-facing names
- by injecting a custom XML reader into QDom, the following issues were fixed:
- Book View search sometimes skipping over instances (issue #253)
- Book View ReplaceAll causing Sigil to hang on rare occasions (issue #293)
- spaces disappearing from some HTML constructs (issue #352)
- implemented component-wide search&replace for Code View searches (issue #372)
- the Find&Replace dialog now remembers up to 20 previously used search and replace strings
- fixed an issue with positive regex lookaheads in normal Replace (not ReplaceAll) (issue #261)
- fixed a rare off-by-one error in Book View searching when the caret was at the start of
the matched string; this made the search skip that instance of the match (issue #280)
- fixed an issue with the Find Dialog not correctly scrolling to the found text in
Book View (issue #195)
- fixed an issue with Tidy not fixing free ampersands into "&", even when configured
to do so (issue #365)
- fixed an issue with the current tab unnecessarily reloading after book saves (issue #354)
- fixed issues with filename basenames being read only until the first dot; was causing
problems with OPF manifest ID generation (issue #351)
- hitting the keyboard shortcut for the Find&Replace window while the window is open
now switches focus to that window (issue #362)
- fixed an issue with the applied headings not "sticking" and not showing up in the TOC
editor (issue #300)
- the special iPad- and Calibre-friendly cover meta tag information is now preserved
- added a new "Cover Image" entry for image resources in the "Add Semantics" Book Browser menu
- if an image is not set as a cover image manually, Sigil now uses heuristics on save
to determine if the epub has a cover image
- if an epub has an image set as a cover image, Sigil will now write a special meta tag
that identifies this image in the OPF; this tag is then used by the iPad (and Calibre)
for the book cover, for instance
- all OPF <guide> element information when loading epubs is now preserved
- added a new "Add Semantics" menu for XHTML documents; it can be used to mark XHTMLs as
"Dedication", "Colophon", "Glossary" etc. for the <guide> element of the OPF
- the status bar now shows a message after chapter split operations
- fixed an issue with filenames with characters that should not appear in valid XML IDs
having those characters added anyway (issue #344)
- fixed an issue with files with uppercase extensions not having a mimetype set in the OPF
- fixed an issue with Sigil rewriting headings when the TOC was opened and no heading was
edited (issue #327)
- fixed an issue where adding an existing HTML file through the Book Browser would clear
the current metadata in the book (issue #329)
- added a check that prevents Sigil from loading the same resource multiple times in
invalid epubs (issue #339)
- fixed a bug that made the direct XHTML references in the NCX file less likely (issue #333)
- fixed an issue with Sigil crashing when trying to save a loaded epub that had some badly
formed metadata elements (issue #325)
Sigil v0.2.0 ß3 2010.03.23.
- added two new WYSIWYG actions that work for both Views: "Insert SGF Chapter Marker" which
inserts the old SGF horizontal rule chapter breaking marker and "Split On SGF Chapter Markers"
which splits the current chapter according to the placement of these markers (issue #262)
- chapter splitting now works in Code View
- fixed an issue with Sigil adding "xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'" to every element
when performing a chapter break operation (issue #313)
- fixed a rare issue with false spaces being inserted into words during import (issue #139)
- added a confirmation dialog for removing items in the Book Browser (issue #306)
- fixed an issue with the line number area overlapping the text in the Code View
- made Sigil remove the CSS cruft WebKit was adding to the "body" element
- fixed an issue with spaces in filenames causing bad anchor element path updates
- fixed an issue with spaces in filenames not being URL encoded in "href" and "src" attributes
in the OPF and NCX files
- fixed an issue with spaces in filenames causing invalid IDs (issue #301)
- fixed a regression causing Sigil to crash when importing HTML files that reference resources
that don't exist on disk
- Tidy now converts all uppercase attributes to lowercase; mixed-case attributes are left as is
- fixed an issue with Tidy choking on uppercase attribute names
Sigil v0.2.0 ß2 2010.03.10.
- fixed an issue with exported HTML/CSS/etc. files inside EPUBs having superfluous newlines
- fixed an issue with the TOC editor adding empty "class" attributes to headings (issue #297)
- added a new "Window" menu item with new "Next Tab", "Previous Tab" and "Close Tab" actions
- fixed an issue with the font used in the line number area in the Code View being incorrect
when the Code View is first opened; the problem affected mostly Mac machines (issue #290)
- Sigil now handles corrupt epub files with an OPF referencing non-existent files (issue #289)
- the Book Browser now doesn't scroll back to the top when an item is deleted or added
- the Book Browser now allows a file's extension to change between HTM, HTML, XHTML and XML
- OPF and NCX files don't rely anymore on UTF-8 XML default parsing, but specify their UTF-8
encoding directly in the declaration
- fixed an issue with changes in the TOC editor not being reflected in the book (issue #277)
- fixed an issue with the TOC editor not recognizing the "title" attribute on headings
- fixed an issue with the user seeing the old, unclean source in the Code View (issue #286)
- fixed an issue with the user being prompted to save when quitting even when no changes
have been performed on the new/loaded file (issue #276)
- fixed an issue with Book/Code View keyboard shortcuts firing in the wrong view (issue #266)
- tentatively fixed an issue with Sigil locking up when chapter breaking (issue #267)
- fixed an issue with Tidy adding a superfluous 'lang' attribute that is also not allowed
in XHTML 1.1
- making sure that ID attributes used in the manifest section of the OPF are always valid
- fixing export of epubs with XML files for OPS documents
Sigil v0.2.0 ß1 2010.03.02.
- after *many* months of work, the complete redesign of the Sigil main interface and backend is
finished, resulting in waaaay too many changes, fixes and modifications under the hood that are
too numerous to list here
- fixed an issue with anchor elements getting unnecessary "name" attributes (issue #226)
Sigil v0.1.9 2010.02.08.
- fixed a regression that caused Sigil to demand that all XHTML streams in an epub file
be valid XML (issue #248)
- the "container.xml" reading subsystem now handles XML files with namespaces (issue #235)
- HTML encoding detection is now performed even on XHTML files in epub archives (per spec,
they have to be UTF-8 or UTF-16, but Sigil will now handle those that aren't)
- fixed an issue with content file filenames using "%20" for spaces not being loaded
- the temp directory used on Windows is now <Profile>/Sigil instead of
<Profile>/My Documents/Sigil (issue #222)
- added a "Sigil Dev Blog" Help menu entry
Sigil v0.1.8 2009.12.30.
- fix for a regression causing all imported CSS code to be merged into one line
- fix for an issue with ignored linefeed characters (caused by same regression) (issue #217)
Sigil v0.1.7 2009.12.28.
- minor aesthetic toolbar fixes for Mac
- fixed an issue with " " in headings not being converted to a space in the TOC
- minor aesthetic changes to the line number area in Code View
- fixed an issue with "Insert Image" not working if the Book View doesn't have focus
- the "Add metadata property" dialogs in the Meta Editor now remember their size, position
and splitter bar position
- Sigil now loads HTML metadata when importing if metadata conforms to Dublin Core;
code contribution from Kevin Hendricks (issue #160)
- fixed an issue with loading TXT files with unescaped character entity references (issue #202)
- fixed an issue with headings not being centered after View switches (issue #200)
- fixed an issue with files with uppercase extensions being loaded incorrectly
- fixed an issue with loading TXT files with Mac-style (CR) line endings (issue #170)
- fixed an issue with loading UTF-16 encoded files that used Windows style (CRLF) line endings
- Sigil should now detect UTF-8 encoded HTML files even when they don't specify that they
are UTF-8 encoded, and HTML files that use the XML "encoding" attribute (for any encoding)
- the Views can now be scrolled by one line up/down by pressing CTRL+Up/Down (issue #72)
- the About dialog now links to the online version of the GPLv3
- made viewport switching more robust; the rare crashes should now become much rarer
Sigil v0.1.6 2009.12.06.
- added a "Report An Issue" menu entry to the Help menu; opens a web browser and goes to the
"ReportingIssues" wiki page on Sigil's website
- fixed an issue with empty NavMap generation in the NCX if the file had no headings;
the epub specification forbids empty NavMaps (issue #174)
- fixed an issue with the document not being marked as modified in the GUI if the user only
changed the document's metadata (issue #189)
- fixed a rare bug with searching for a string that is at the very end of a document
- new "Remove Formatting" WYSIWYG action (issue #56)
- Sigil now preserves ALL HTML entity references (it used to convert most to Unicode
equivalents); this change was necessary since soft hyphens were becoming "invisible"
- implemented "blockquote" support through new WYSIWYG actions: "Indent Less" and
"Indent More" (issue #41)
- updating Qt fixed an issue with images wrapped in SVG tags not being shown (issue #91)
- updated Qt from 4.5.2 to 4.6.0
- fixed an issue with regex matching in Code View when such regexes referenced line
endings with "\n" (issue #182)
- PageUp and PageDown keys now work in Book View (issue #130)
- fixed a crash invoked on switching views and searching in Book View when the caret
element's parent has HTML comment children (issue #179)
- "Replace All" is now treated as a single undo/redo operation *in Code View*
- tentatively fixed a problem with bad TOC generation if the input file had multiple headings
with the same ID (across XHTML files) (issue #177)
- fixed a regression that was causing crashes when switching views
Sigil v0.1.5 2009.11.25
- fixed a race condition with view syncing in Book View
- fixed an issue with loading text files that don't end with a newline (some text would end up
- A NEW FIND & REPLACE DIALOG (issue #13)
- no more hard line breaks in Code View (courtesy of recent performance optimisations)
- TOC Editor now remembers its size across invocations and program launches
- the uninstaller now removes Sigil's temporary working directories
- removed the "Start Sigil" checkbox in the last page of the installer; starting Sigil like
this was causing problems because Sigil had admin privileges (issue #163)
- fixed an issue with chapter breaks not working after they are Left/Center/Right Aligned
- multiple images can now be inserted with the "Insert Image" dialog by selecting multiple
- fixed an issue with loading images from documents with uppercase tags and attributes
- tentatively fixed an issue with Sigil crashing on overwriting existing epubs (issue #146)
- fixed an issue with Sigil crashing on epubs with "date" OPF elements but no value set
for those elements (InDesign CS4 creates such invalid epubs) (issue #149)
- fixed an issue with words being merged on TXT import (issue #148)
- various performance improvements through code profiling and parallelization
- Linux and Mac builds should now be slightly faster because of new compiler optimizations
- fixed issue with Sigil incorrectly loading (and therefore subsequently saving) "date"
OPF elements with "event" attributes (issue 144)
Sigil v0.1.4 2009.10.08.
- SGF files are now associated with Sigil on Windows (issue #135)
- SGF files are now associated with Sigil on Mac OS X (issue #10)
- fixed issue with "Open With" OS actions not working on Macs (issue #111)
- provided more informative tooltips by following Word 2007 tooltip style (issue #64)
- the heading text can now be edited in the TOC Editor (issue #131)
- the Save As dialog now uses the current filename in the filename field (issue #18)
- views can now be zoomed (issue #44)
- Sigil no longer loads flow-specific CSS... this was causing more harm than good; loading
flow-specific CSS will be back in 0.2.0.
- implemented a NEW workaround for a webkit bug causing the first character of a heading
created after a chapter break to be displayed incorrectly (issue #78)
- fixed issue with TOC editor not resolving HTML entities (issue #125)
- fixed issue with Tidy changing case of attribute names (issue #120)
- Sigil will from now on check for a newer version on startup and present an informative
message if such a version is found (issue #67)
- made SGF importing MUCH faster (issue #119)
- provided a window icon on Linux
- providing binary installers for Windows AND LINUX (issue #6)
- further improved encoding detection for HTML import
- fixed graphical misalignment of controls in MetaEditor on Linux and Mac platforms
- fixed syntax highlighting for XPGT stylesheets
- fixed rare issue with SGF importing that displayed all body text underlined (issue #118)
- fixed display of the Sigil chapter break in Book View: the red double-line now
properly appears after all images (issue #117)
- added support for importing images referenced in SVG elements in HTML import
- HTML importing now defaults to a locale-aware codec if one is not detected in the HTML
stream; previously the fallback codec was UTF-8; this change should improve importing of
old HTML documents (issue #113)
Sigil v0.1.3 2009.09.02.
- implemented a work-around for a bug in Qt causing documents with "us-ascii" encoding
specified in the XML declaration to crash Sigil (issue #109)
- resource path updating rewritten; should be more robust
- fixed an issue where EPUB files from Google Books could not be opened (issue #106)
- fixed regression for storing the folder from which the user last imported an image
- refactored HTML file import resource loading: should be a lot more robust now
- fixed an issue with loading HTML files that reference the same images multiple times
- implemented non-live View position synchronization; the Views are now synced
by HTML element: moving the caret in one View will center the other View (upon switching)
to the same HTML element that held the caret in the first View (issue #8)
- newlines are now removed from TOC headings to avoid rendering problems in ADE (issue #96)
- Sigil now creates a unique book identifier (if one is not provided by the user)
using the UUID standard instead of a random sequence of characters and numbers;
the old "SigilGEN" scheme is replaced with "UUID"
- initial support for calibre interoperability (issue #94)
- book updates from TOC editor are now faster and have a much smaller memory overhead
- fixed issue with removing headings from TOC in TOC editor (issue #88, part 2 and issue #21);
also made TOC editor updates to headings MUCH more robust
- all headings are now by default included in TOC... heuristics for "guessing" which
headings the users wants have been removed (issue #88, part 1)
- fixed critical issue with Sigil hanging when loading certain SGF files (issue #87)
- fixed rare issue with duplicate image loading (issue #86)
- implemented a workaround for a webkit bug causing the first character of a heading
created after a chapter break to be displayed incorrectly (issue #78)
- the "makedmg" target for Macs is not build by default anymore and needs to be
invoked directly; this was done to speed rebuilds
- Macs now have a standard multiple document interface: opening a new file opens it
in a new window, not in the old one (issue #22)
- fixed a bug with warning dialog not informing the user of unsaved changes
if he tried to load from the recent files list
Sigil v0.1.2 2009.08.12.
- added the ability to specify the main publication identifier directly,
through the "CustomID" basic metadata property (issue #3)
- fixed a bug with warning dialog not informing the user of unsaved changes
when editing in code view (issue #30)
- Sigil is now a universal Mac application (ppc and i386, in 32bit) (issue #5)
- implemented a workaround for a bug in QTextCodec causing bad HTML codec detection (issue #74)
- SVG elements are not removed anymore (issue #24)
- inter-document HTML links are now fully supported (issue #53)
- fixed rare issue where CSS style rules could get duplicated when changing views
- fixed issue with inline style tags in OPS documents not being loaded (issue #58)
- Sigil can now accept a file to load as the first command line argument; this also
provides support for "Open With..." operating system features (issue #63)
- fixed an issue where the reported build time in the About dialog was actually the execution
time (issue #65)
- loading of missing files in the recent files list is now improved (issue #57)
- fixed a rare issue where the wrong view could be sent to the printer on print actions
- Sigil now creates a guide element with a cover page in the OPF if the content of the first
OPS document is less than 1000 characters long (issue #48)
- support for importing UTF-16 encoded documents (not just UTF-8)
- provided install target for Linux; the binary is now also named "sigil"
(lower case 's') on Unix systems (except Mac) for the sake of convention (issue #46)
- removed dependency on "data" directory (issue #51)
Sigil v0.1.1 2009.08.06.
- applied provided patch for NetBSD support
- fixed issue with loading images in HTML and EPUB docs that have regexp special characters
in filenames. (issue #39)
- if headings have the 'title' attribute set, it is now used as the TOC text entry. (issue #26)
- tags are now removed from headings before they are converted to TOC entries (issue #47)
- Sigil now remembers the last folder from which you loaded an image (issue #34)
- choosing 'cancel' in TOC editor now no longer forces the views to update
- fixed bug with new headings getting existing IDs. (issue #36)
- printing support! new file menu actions: "print" and "print preview"
- fixed an issue when sometimes switching between views didn't enable/disable appropriate
- fixed an issue with mixed-up CSS classes on Mac and Linux (issue #16)
- added line numbering for Code View (issue #9)
- added current line highlighting for Code View
- fixed crashing bug with some calibre generated epubs (issue #16)
Sigil v0.1.0 2009.08.01.
- initial release
by John Schember <j...@nachtimwald.com> on Dec 3, 2012
by John Schember <j...@nachtimwald.com> on Dec 2, 2012
Bump version to 0.6.1.
All revisions of this file
Size: 64999 bytes, 949 lines
View raw file
Project Hosting Help
Google Project Hosting