- Always log errors to standard out (see issue 170 ).
- Report tool for supported client devices is enabled again.
- New: Clementine
- Various: make all OGG files visible in file browser (see issue 155 ).
- MPD: more media browser actions for the MPD adapter
- MPlayer: don't crash on failed/broken MPlayer connections (see issue 156 ).
- MIDP: new variant for Motorola K1 devices (see issue 84 ).
- Android: automatically pause playback on incoming calls (see issue 165 ).
- Android: support for list actions in media browser
- Exaile: Adapted to API changes in Exaile 0.3.2 (see issue 118 ).
- gmusicbrowser: fix installation issue (see issue 151 ).
- Totem: Adapted to recent API changes (see issue 150 ).
- Remuco now requires Python 2.6.
- Banshee: Adapted to DBus-API changes in 1.6.0 (see issue 126 ).
- New: gmusicbrowser
- Android: various new features and improvements and fixes (library support still is a bit buggy, but the basic features work pretty well).
- Android: ready-to-install package included in the release tarball
This is a minor bug fix release.
- MPD: Fixed disc number formatting issue (see issue 113 ).
- Improved local cover art detection.
- Simplified configuration (one configuration file only, easier to adjust global and player specific options).
- New menu navigation control support for video players (e.g. for DVD menus).
- Amarok, VLC: New playlist action for jumping to a specific position (must be enabled explicitly in the adapter configuration because it fails in dynamic playlists).
- Banshee: Rating control finally works with Banshee 1.5.3.
- Exaile: Fixed crash on library search with empty query.
- Exaile: Added support for Exaile 3.1.
- MPD: Sort track search results by album.
- MPlayer: Improved command line interface.
- MPlayer: Implement menu navigation feature.
- New: Amarok 1.4, Quod Libet
- Original client is now called MIDP client.
- MIDP: Power saving support (no communication when client is paused or minimized).
- MIDP: Simplified action handling in media browser.
- MIDP: New client variant for some Motorola phones (see issue 46 ).
- MIDP: New client variant for some Windows phones using JBed (so you don't need to build it yourself anymore, see issue 39 ).
- Android: Initial and experimental new client for Android devices.
- Progress of streams is now shown correctly (see issue 36 ).
- Added option to player adapter config to set a fixed Bluetooth channel (see issue 5 and issue 31 ).
- Songbird: Added Songbird adapter.
- MPlayer: Added (roughly working) MPlayer adapter.
- XMMS2: Made adapter work with XMMS2 0.6.
- MPD: Added password configuration option (see issue 29 ).
- Audacious: Made adapter work with Audacious 2.2 (see issue 17 ).
- Rhythmbox: Added Any field to search mask.
- Service search is now configurable to work around service search issues seen on some devices (see issue 5 ).
- Added a client customization option which makes Remuco usable on Windows Mobile devices using JBed (only WiFi supported, see issue 39 ).
- Cover art full screen mode now optionally stays enabled.
- Made action handling more portable (see UI issue 33 ).
- Added editor screen for existing connections.
- Added optional authentication and encryption for Bluetooth connections.
- Fixed minor memory leak bugs.
- Ping interval is now configured on the client.
- Fixed a memory leak bug on the client (which may have occurred when browsing item lists a lot).
- Added client device info report tool remuco-report.
- Exaile: Added Exaile 3 adapter.
- XMMS2: Enhanced media library browser.
- Added options screen.
- Optionally show detailed item information.
- Size and type of cover art image are now configured on the client.
- Item list page size is now configured on the client.
- Pages in item lists can be selected by number (in addition to up/down navigation).
- Added paging mechanism to item lists to enable clients to browse very long item lists.
- Added search feature.
- Volume control optionally controls master volume.
- Added touch-screen support.
- Fullscreen cover art is now real fullscreen.
- Dropped themes Korama and Chocolate, added 4 new themes for touchscreen devices.
- Added several new icons.
- Added script to automatically set up build environment.
- Changed default key bindings.
- XMMS2: Implemented search feature.
- MPD: Implemented search feature.
- Rhythmbox: Implemented search feature.
- Rhythmbox: Added repeat and shuffle control.
- Fixed obsolete client installation in setup.py.
- Totem: Adapted to Totem 2.26.
- Fixed Python path issue in Ubuntu Jaunty.
- VLC: Added player adapter for VLC.
- TVtime: Added player adapter for TVtime.
- Banshee: Added seek support.
- Rhythmbox: Added action to directly jump to items somewhere in the library.
- Quick reconnect when connection is broken.
- Removed some unused icons (smaller JAR size).
- Logo size configurable in build process.
- Various minor technical improvements (as always :).
- base: Added option for WiFi port.
- base: Added options for size and type of images sent to clients.
- base: Fixed a bug concerning the system shutdown command.
- MPD: Added player adapter for MPD.
- Full screen control enabled.
- Fixed a color bug in theme Karoma.
- Fixed some drawing issues on Nokia 5310.
- More accurate list icon size detection.
- Action execution improved.
- Build process now works completely without WTK.
- Emulation with MicroEmu now possible with other skins.
- No additional features, just internal adjustments.
- Added GPL header to source files.
- Replaced nested make files and setup.py by global setup.py.
- Include client source in tarball.
- Replace Python module 'md5' by 'hashlib'.
- Set 'Vilanco' as default theme ('Chocolate' is too big for some devices).
- Merged client and server side components into one package.
- For that reason this change log is a fresh one.
- The changes from 0.7 to 0.8 are just to many to list them here.