This project is looking for new maintainer/owner. If you are interested - drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents:
Current version of the plugin is: 2.0.0 (with protobuf-generator patched to 2.0.2).
Look at the Changelog to track the history of the plugin.
The plugin supports integration with the project's build lifecycle. You can set (in project's properties) that the protobuf sources should be generated just before compilation of the project. The generated sources are stored in a special target directories (supported by netbeans 6.7).
See changelog for more details.
"Protocol Buffers are a way of encoding structured data in an efficient yet extensible format. Google uses Protocol Buffers for almost all of its internal RPC protocols and file formats." [ Quoted from http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/ and go there to learn more ].
<Speedy Gonzales Version>
Update site URL is: http://protobuf-netbeans-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/distr/latest_stable/updates.xml</Speedy Gonzales Version>
1. Install Protocol Buffers: http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/downloads/list
2. Run NetBeans IDE (6.5+)
3. Select Menu: Tools -> Plugins
4. Select "Settings" tab
5. Click "Add" button
6. Enter name: "Protobuf plugin update center" and URL: http://protobuf-netbeans-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/distr/latest_stable/updates.xml
7. Go to "Available plugins" tab
9. Click "Install" button
10. Close "Plugins" window
11. Select menu "Tools" -> "Options"
12. Select "Miscellaneous" tab
13. Select "Protocol Buffers" tab
14. Click "Browse" button
15. Navigate to your protoc(.exe on windows) executable
Fill free to join the project. Send me e-mail if you wish: email@example.com. My name is Piotr and surname Tabor. Go there to learn more: http://piotr.tabor.waw.pl