Faster development. Full flexibility
- O/R Broker is a JDBC library for Scala. It hides most of the JDBC api and wraps exceptions into more specific ones to allow for exception control flow.
- Not a traditional ORM. You code your own SQL, because you're better at it than a generic code generator. This also allows you to hand tune any query, even after deployment if desired, and is often faster than configuring some obscure XML syntax.
- Named parameters in SQL
- Transparent resource handling. Never forget to close PreparedStatement, ResultSet, Connection, etc.
- Automatic and transparent retry of stale connections.
- Support for external transaction management
- Full freedom on class design. O/R Broker does not place any limitations on how you design your classes. No conventions to conform to. No classes to extend. No interfaces to implement. No annotations to apply. No restrictions whatsoever.
- Full support for JOIN queries, both one-to-one and one-to-many.
- No N+1 select problem and no transactionally inconsistent lazy loading
- Support for stored procedure calls.
- You write the query-to-object extractor code in Scala (or Java). No tired old XML mapping needed.
- SQL can be in code or, preferably, in simple text files, ready for editing and optimizing if needed.
- Dynamic, on-the-fly, SQL is possible using Velocity or FreeMarker template languages. Both are supported, but neither are required.
- Dealing with new database schema, legacy schema, JavaBeans, or immutable classes? All possible, full flexibility.
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler.
YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications.
Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.