There are many ways to get involved.
- Be active and helpful on the mailing lists
- Find bugs
- Submit issues with failing unit tests
- Submit patches that make the tests pass
- Create a new feature or modification
- Discuss your changes on the user mailing list to get feedback from the community
- Submit new feature to the issue tracking system with passing tests
- Attach the patch file (or even just the complete files if that works... we can diff easily enough)
- Write documentation
- Submit documentation contributions or changes directly in the body of the issue (which supports wiki markup). We'll add it to the official guide.
Copyright of contributions
- Everything you can find it this project is licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0
- Every contribution you do must be licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0. Otherwise we will not be able to accept it.
- Please make sure that all the new files you create hold the following header:
* Copyright [year] the original author or authors.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
- You are the author of your contributions and will always be, so you can add a @author tag with your name to the code you create.