THIS EXTENSION IS DEPRECATED!
Active development continues at Minimalist for Everything:
The Gmail module for Minimalist for Everything has all the same features of Minimalist for Gmail and more!
Please disable Minimalist for Gmail if you have it installed and install Minimalist for Everything instead.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
It is a personalized solution for those who are tired of useless and distracting elements in the Google Reader interface.
It removes as much or as little as you want. It also adds functionality if you so choose.
Look around the options page to see what it does first hand. Link below.
Learn more about Chrome Extension permissions here: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=186213
If you look as the permissions required by similar extensions in the Web Store, you will see that they are exactly the same
so before you make assumptions based on two short and broad statements, please read the following:
- This permissions results in the "This extensions can access your browsing history" warning.
- I NEVER access your browsing history.
- I need this permission to open tabs. I use this to open the options page on major updates.
- This permission is also used to refresh the Google Calendar tab when you save your settings.
== "http://*google.com/reader/*", "https://*google.com/reader/*"
- This permission results in the "This item can access your bookmars" warning.
- I NEVER access, read, modify, store, or transmit any of bookmarks.
- I need this permission to create a bookmark that is used to sync settings accross computers.
- This permission results in the "This extension can access your data on google.com/calendar" warning.
- I NEVER access, read, store, or transmit your personal data.
- I need this permission to run user scripts behind specific pages in the browser.
Still don't trust me? Go to https://github.com/anstosa/Minimalist-Google-Reader to see the entire source code.
The Options page is easy to use and interactive features:
The following elements can be modified individually:
- Hide Minimalist for Google Reader options icon
- Show favicon counter
- Open items in background with v
- Show transition animations
- Rounded corners on input fields and textareas
- Custom CSS input
== GOOGLE BAR
- Customize background color
- Customize border color
- Customize link color
- Customize current item highlight
- Customize button colors
- Hide Google bar to toggle when hidden
- Make Google bar invisible until hover
- Hide background & border
- Hide Google links
- Replace Google links with custom menu
- Hide logged in
- Hide Labs icon
- Hide Settings link
- Hide Help link
- Hide Sign out link
- Hide header to toggle when hidden
- Hide logo
- Use custom logo
- Hide all search
- Hide search filter dropdown
- Hide search button
- Hide title bar
- Hide expanded/list options
- Hide toolbar
- Hide new/all options
- Hide Mark all as read button
- Hide Refresh button
- Hide view settings
- Hide viewer footer
- Hide Home sidebar
- Hide Home tips
- Hide Home Reader Blog
- Hide Home Footer
- Custom item body width
- Hide break-out icon
- Hide item footer
- Hide footer text
- Hide Add star
- Hide Like
- Hide Share
- Hide Share with note
- Hide Email
- Hide Keep unread
- Hide Edit tags
- Hide Add a subscription button
- Hide navigation
- Custom nav width
- Hide Home section
- Hide icons
- Dim icons
- Hide All items link
- Hide Starred items link
- Hide Your stuff section
- Hide Shared items
- Hide Notes
- Hide Trends
- Hide Browse
- Hide People you follow section
- Hide new comments icon
- Hide Sharing settings link
- Hide Explore section
- Hide Manage subscriptions
HOW DO I WORK IT?
All the instructions you need are on the support page:
I test as thoroughly as I can before each release, but bugs are bound to get through.
Read, track, and submit bugs in the Issue Tracker:
- Ping me on Twitter: @anstosa
- Email me: email@example.com
Want to recommend a feature? Submit it in the Issues Tracker:
== 0.5.7 APR
== 0.5.6 MAR
- Fixed: Check for old Google Bar not working
- Fixed: Custom settings fields not loading from memory
- Fixed: Accent color not applied to expanded item header and footer in list view
== 0.5.5 MAR
- Fixed: Header and Google bar toggle off automatically in full-screen mode
== 0.5.4 MAR
- Fixed: Top margin errors on resize
- Changed: URL bar icons are smaller and lighter to not be intrusive
== 0.5.3 MAR
- Changed: Logos to comply with Google's branding guidelines
== 0.5.2 MAR
- Fixed: Google Bar features incompatible with new Google Bar
== 0.5.1 MAR
- Fixed: Mangage and sharing settings links not hiding.
- Fixed: Item footer not hiding in list view
- Fixed: Top item in list view not clickable
== 0.5.0 MAR
- Added: Hide Home Reader Blog
- Added: Hide Home Footer
- Added: v opens items in background tabs
- Added: Custom item body width
- Added: Dim icons until mouseover
- Improved: Opening links in background doesn't flash the page
- Fixed: Menu dropdown icon hidden in subscriptions
- Fixed: Broken links in options
- Fixed: Break-out icon not hiding
- Fixed: Broken hover images in options
Most of Minimalist for Google Reader is written from the ground-up but some things are just perfect already:
- favicon unread counter by Peter Wooley
Full details on the About page: http://www.anselsantosa.com/sites/MinimalistGoogleReader/options.html#abo
I am not a Google Employee or officially affiliated with Google in any way. This extension is not endorsed by Google.
Google, Google Reader, and the Google Reader logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.