This project implement a plug-in for any LibPurple base client like Pidgin or Finch . Currently it support Twitter, Identica, and Status.net server through the conversation windows. Right now it run on Linux and Windows.
Version 0.3.0 is released (30/5/2010)
- Most important update is the support for OAuth for Twitter. OAuth is now default authentication method.
- Change identity of identi.ca and status.net
- Fix twitter-bombard-when-reconnecting bugs.
- Windows version tested with Pidgin 2.7.0 and 2.6.6.
PPA for Ubuntu is available in the link above.
Version 0.2.4 is released (26/9/2009)
- Fix "Twitpocalypse2" where mbpurple download whole lots of old tweets over and over. This bug occurred on some platform (as of now Windows XP seems to be affected by this)
- Fix reply and retweet links for Pidgin 2.6.
- Fix stability bug that crash Pidgin when connection is unstable
Version 0.2.2 is released (14/6/2009)
- Fix id overflow (receiving duplicate tweets) bug for twitter.com
- Add CACerts to windows installer
- Fix few minor bugs
- Plug-in for Adium is also released! Thanks to @jsippel.
Another new release for Adium (21/5/2009)
- This release update libpurple
- Courtesy goes to @jsippel!
- Download it here
Version 0.2.1 is released (3/3/2009)
Don't forget to enable Twitgin in Tools->Plugin
This version contain major bug fixes and some improvements
We are also working on Adium port of MBPurple. Hopefully this will be released very soon!
- Twitter, Identica, and Laconica now serve mainly as protocol only plug-in. You need to enable Twitgin in order to get old fancy output in conversation windows
- Fix SSL connection bug that may crash Pidgin when connection is unstable
- Clicking reply link now add in_reply_to_id http parameter (make the message appear sa "reply to message" in web-site)
- Remove "twitter.com" label. Now conversation showed as if coming from each individual user
- Add * (Favorite) and RT (Retweet) link for easy favorite and retweet (thanks to @nopparat)
- Move "Enable reply link" preference to Twitgin "Configure plug-in".
Version 0.2.0 is released (7/11/2008)
This is a new major release with some more features, along with major code restructure. This release only works with Pidgin 2.5.x
- Beta support for Identi.ca and Laconica, as separated plug-ins.
- A bit of improvement in message display
- Improve Twitgin support, no self-generated message also being renice
- Support for 2 commands, right now it only works for Twitter.
- /replies - get replies timeline
- /refresh - get new tweets immediately
- /tag, /btag, /untag - automatically tag all your message, good for tagging messages with some hash tag (Example: #election2008).
- Lots more configurable options in Plug-in.
Don't forget to enable Twitgin to see new features!
Note that, this new version is INCOMPATIBLE with older version. You will need to remove and re-add the plug-in to get all new features.
Version 0.1.2 is released (16/8/2008)
This release fix issue#17 which can crash Pidgin when clicking "reconnect" or Pidgin do automatic reconnect.