NOTE TO PROJECT ON THIS PAGE: This is my informal open notebook page on your project. I'll do my best to keep it up to date, but this is just my personal notes so it will not be pretty! If you see a correction/addition that needs to be made in this page please place edits in the comments section at the bottom of this page and I will change, please do not email me as I will be auto notified by this system. /dff
- Full Name of Project: Open Bibliography
- Project Descriptions (how would you describe this project to your neighbour?):
- short: Open Bibliography Project - exposing bibliographic information as Linked Open Data
- long: The Open Bibliography Project will deliver a substantial corpus of bibliographic metadata as Linked Open Data, using existing semantic web tools, standards (RDF, SPARQL), linked data patterns and accepted Open ontologies (FoaF, Bibo, DC, FRBR, etc). The data will be from two sources: traditional library catalogues (Cambridge University Library and the British Library) and ToCs from a scientific publisher, the IUCr. None of the material is currently available as LOD. Key strategies are (i) transformation of current publishers' model to create Open Bibliography as part of their future business, and (ii) the immediate and continuing engagement of the scholarly community. Deliverables include a maintained and growing bibliography on the IUCr site and engagements with other like-minded publishers such as PLoS.
- problem this solves for what end user?: the researcher will...??? the librarian won't have to...???
- Project Outputs/Products/Deliverables (what thing are you producing?):
- A system for storing bibliographic information in Linked Open Data format (RDF)
- A set of bibliographic records from the British Library and Cambridge University Library
- Engagement with other publishers interested in Linked Open Data
- Name of Host Institution: University of Cambridge
- Department: Department of Chemistry, CB2 1EW
- JISC Programme/Strand: INF11 / jiscEXPO / Library
- Length of Project: 9 months <-- extended to 12 months.
- Project Start Date: 14th June 2010
- Project End Date: 31st July 2011 <-- was extended.
- Grant Awarded to Project: £77050.00
- Project Director: Peter Murray-Rust, email@example.com, 01223-763069 Skype: peter.murray.rust
- Project Manager: Rufus Pollock - Project Manager & Developer
- Developer:Ben O'Steen - Technical Lead
- Account Manager:
"firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org"
Open Knowledge Foundation Director = Rufus Pollock, email@example.com The OKF is a participant and advisor to the project
International Union of Crystallography Managing Editor = Peter Strickland firstname.lastname@example.org The IUCr will host the repository that results from the Open Bibliography project
Correspondence (below as comments)
Please see below in comments section for any and all correspondance by Programme Manager with the Projects. Also all edits that need to be made to this page please place in comments section and the author will correct.
- Email, Phone calls, twitters, links sent, etc.