- Code license
GNU Lesser GPL
jSSC (Java Simple Serial Connector) - library for working with serial ports from Java. jSSC support Win32(Win98-Win8), Win64, Linux(x86, x86-64, ARM), Solaris(x86, x86-64), Mac OS X 10.5 and higher(x86, x86-64, PPC, PPC64). Documentation and examples you can find in wiki.
- Important! Fixed bug with port handles potential leakage. Thanks to Cristian Maglie for complete bug-report
- Added method "writeString(String string, String charsetName)"
- Added method "getNativeLibraryVersion" in "SerialNativeInterface" class
- Enabled Java and Native libraries versions mismatch check
All new downloads will be available on GitHub: https://github.com/scream3r/java-simple-serial-connector/releases
- Linux x86 and x86-64 was builded on Ubuntu 10.04 and don't depends GLIBC-2.15 unlike jSSC-2.5.0
- Added os.name - "Darwin" and os.arch - "universal" support. It can be useful for MacOS X developers
- Added ttyO to Linux RegExp for listing OMAP serial devices
- Added JSSC_IGNPAR and JSSC_PARMRK properties for enabling IGNPAR and PARMRK flags in _nix termios structure
- Important! Fixed bug in MacOS X native readBytes() method
- Important! Fixed bug with garbage reading on Linux, MacOSX, Solaris, cause of incorrect using of VMIN and VTIME. Now "read" methods works correctly and are blocking like in Windows
- Important! Fixed error with garbage reading in Windows using jSSC after another application used serial port. To prevent this effect COMMTIMEOUTS structure zeroing added to setParams() method
- Important! The port handle now stored in variable of type "long" instead of "int", to prevent potential problems with type conversions on Win64
- Fixed MacOS X 10.8 bug with native lib loading (.dylib -> .jnilib)
- Fixed Linux error with exclusive access to serial port (TIOCEXCL). TIOCNXCL added to closePort() method for clearing exclusive access
- Fixed Windows native lib port name concatenation error
- Fixed native lib extraction path if user home is read only, in this situation lib will be extracted to tmp folder
- Null port name fix. If try to invoke method openPort() for SerialPort(null) object, exception TYPE_NULL_NOT_PERMITTED will be thrown
- Enabled TIOCEXCL support in Solaris
And other little modifications...
- Added ARM Soft & Hard float support (Tested of Raspberry Pi with Oracle JDK(6-7-8))
- Added ttyACM, ttyAMA, rfcomm to Linux RegExp and tty.usbmodem to MacOS X RegExp
- Added precompiled RegExp's for Linux, Solaris, MacOS X for more faster port listing
- Added private common for Linux, Solaris, MacOS X method getUnixBasedPortNames() for listing serial ports
- Rewrited comparator for sorting port names. Now it's a common comparator for Windows, Linux, Solaris and MacOS X
- Added some syntax sugar to SerialPortList class, for changing search path, RegExp and comparator
- Added timeouts for read operations and SerialPortTimeoutException class for catching timeout exceptions
- Added JSSC_NO_TIOCEXCL JVM property for disable using of exclusive access to serial port
- Added termios(_nix) and DCB(Windows) structure cheking on port opening, it helps separate real serial devices from others
- Added "ERR_" constants into SerialNativeInterface
- Added new exception TYPE_INCORRECT_SERIAL_PORT
- Added new exception TYPE_PERMISSION_DENIED. It can be very useful for _nix based system if user have no permissions for using serial device
If you like jSSC, please support project. You can write about jSSC in your twitter, blog, web-site, forum and etc. Also you can write me a letter with some words about your project where you use jSSC lib: email@example.com And of course, if you want, you can make a donation. Your help is very important for me.
If you have some questions or you want just say "Thank you", mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
With Best Regards Sokolov Alexey.