IR+ Institutional Repository
IR+ is an institutional repository software project. It is a fully featured digital repository management solution that is easy for users to understand and manage. Its goals are to meet the needs of any organization that needs to author, publish and preserve digital information. Wiki
A way for Administration to have a:
- Cost effective solution to meet their open access goals
- Way to show that the repository is providing a return on their investment
- Solution that supports not only organizational but also user needs
- Repository system that users want to use rather than being forced or mandated to use
A way for Authoring Users/Faculty/Researchers to:
- Effectively reach colleagues and get recognized for their work
- Have a workspace where they can author, collaborate, and track versions of their documents
- Have control over their information and publications
- Easily create a web presence without having to use HTML or FTP
- Be able to analyze the global use of their publications and work
Highlights of the software:
Quick overview of highlights
IR+ Manuals Install/User/Admin (PDF - Lots of Screen Shots)
Lesley University Library Institutional Repository
New England Conservatory
Production System Specs
Want to hear more or get help
- Name: Nathan Sarr
- email: natesarr at gmail dot com
- Phone: 585 275 0692
IR+ 2.1 released
This release contains new features as well as bug fixes See UPGRADE-2.0.8-to-2.1-README.txt in zip file for upgrade instructions.
- Support for MARC 21 file import and export. IR+ can now import MARC21 (.mrc) files, and export MARCXML and MARC21 (.mrc) files.
- MARCXML information can now be harvested from IR+ through OAI.
- The following types of files: jpg, tiff, tif, jpeg, png, gif and bmp in institutional publications are now automatically opened in the browser.
IR+ 2.0.8 released Feature/Bug Fix Release
This release contains new features as well as bug fixes See UPGRADE-2.0.8-README.txt in zip file for upgrade instructions.
- Updated to allow for sorting by published date and first created date in collection
and repository browses.
- Fixed group user remove. Removed user performing the removing rather than the
user select to remove.
- Updated almost all images to use css rather than hard coded sizes
- Fixed error if only one image in repository image is not displayed - image
now shows up correctly.
The software been in production at the University of Rochester since August 2009. You can see the code in action here:
IR+ Authoring Video This is an instructional video on YouTube showing the workspace in action on our production system
IR+ Statistics Video This is an instructional video on YouTube showing how the statistics for IR+ work
Browsing and Searching Video This is an instructional video on YouTube showing how the Browse and Search for IR+ work
Portfolio Pages Overview This is an instructional video on YouTube showing an Overview of Portfolio Pages in IR+
Portfolio Pages How To This is an instructional video on YouTube showing how to create a Portfolio Page in IR+
IR+ Publishing How To Part 1 This is an instructional video on YouTube showing how to publish into the repository
IR+ Publishing How To Part 2 This is an instructional video on YouTube showing how to publish into the repository
Research done to inform our software requirements and design
A study on our users - The Next Generation of Academics
Understanding Faculty to Improve Content Recruitment for Institutional Repositories
Articles And Blog Comments
Case Study: Re-Engineering an Institutional Repository to Engage Users
Comments about IR+ presentation
What DSpace could learn from IR+
An Interview with Suzanne Bell, Administrator of the University of Rochester's New Open Source Institutional Repository, UR Research
Are Repositories Now Enterprise?
Commentary from Carl Grant
Encouraging Open Access
The software is built using JAVA and the following core technologies:
Spring Application Framework