Latest Version: 1.5.3
- See the Getting Started article.
- See the new user tutorial.
- You will need the Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer for Ingatan to run. You can get it for free here: Sun JRE or OpenJDK).
- If you download the Ingatan executable JAR, you will find the licenses and source code packaged inside.
From Version 1.5.2 to 1.5.3
- The Simple Text and Fill in the Table answer fields now neglect leading and trailing whitespace when checking answers, so if you accidentally put a space after your answer you won't be marked incorrectly.
- Square brackets were not being preserved in the Rich Text answer fields (Rich Multichoice, Hint, and Self Graded). This was fixed in revision e3d9961baaed.
- The 'Edit Library' button in the Library Manager would cause an error if no library was selected. Fixed in revision 9312e7c5a21a.
- Square brackets were lost in the question text area during quiz time from Table question types. Fixed in revision 22f890f1c29f.
From Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
- Ingatan now takes into account the number of times a question has been asked when choosing the order of questions to ask. This means high graded, rarely asked questions are not neglected.
- The welcome message for the library manager now shows a much nicer graphic. This shows the user how to get started. If you want to see it and you have already been using Ingatan, delete the prefs file from your ingatan directory ($homeDirectory/.ingatan/), and run Ingatan. Note: backup this file first if you don't want to lose any preferences you may have set.
From Version 1.5.0 to 1.5.1
- Fixed the import answer fields dialog. This did not support selecting/checking for nested class files.
From Version 1.3.5 to Version 1.5.0
- NullPointerException when creating a new fill-in-the-table type answer field. See revision a166efa7da.
- Main menu backgrounds changed.
- About box and preferences dialogs made a little prettier.
- Statistics centre: graphs for quiz history of libraries, and scatterplots for flashcard type questions.
- Rewards game: motivational tool where you can 'spend' the points you earn doing quizzes on rewards you set for yourself.
- Library file type has been updated to version 2.0, but old library files are forward compatible.
- New fill in the table type answer field for flexi-questions. See revision f2bb24364a and revision 27257f90c7.
From Version 1.3.0 to Version 1.3.5
TableQuestions now Flashcard Questions
Along with the multitude of other enhancements from version 1.2.1 to 1.3.5 over the past week comes the improvement of the TableQuestion type, now the Flashcard Question type.
- Fixes critical Issue 37 - persistence of quiz history data when a table-type question was edited. See revision 64e5121eeb, revision e35536df0a, and revision 031dfa1c20.
- Fixed a bug where the quiz results were saved to the temporary library files but not repackaged into the library packages when the quiz ended. See revision 551a19c34d.
- Fixed adding a new library to the default - All Libraries - group (only a recent bug). See revision 20e765b15d.
- Fixed Issue 2 . Both the flashcard question type and flexi-question types are now automatically resizing themselves in a more intuitive way. See revision ee391abb25.
- Fixed a NullPointerException when validating a table. See revision 801498b17b.
- Updated the TableQuestionContainer UI so that the options pane has been replaced with a Settings button. Also added a Help button. See revision f68b3edfad.
- Table type question is now called "Flashcard type". The table columns have been renamed "Side 1" and "Side 2" to emphasise the flashcard behaviour of the question type. See revision f68b3edfad, and revision 04334e78ac.
- Addressed Issue 31 . The simple text answer field is now case insensitive. See revision 367a936a21.
From Version 1.2.1 to Version 1.3.0
- Fixed a problem with aspect ratio when resizing an EmbeddedImage object. See revisions 9cfba0a7b1 and 1d6837aa9a.
- Exception is now handled if the user attempts to add a non-valid class as an answer field. See revision cd9fad0353.
- Fixed the problem where the image toolbar in the image editor was sending out two flip events for the flip buttons. Revision ede4c5da61
- In the image editor, fixed the problem where the text tool would not resize the text box to fit its content before rasterizing the text, resulting in clipping. See revision 4e39e4c65a.
- Fixed a problem with the ImageAcquisitionMenu and the undo/redo history not being flushed when the menu was closed. See revision 6246fdec04.
- Can now draw bonds and create atoms in the SketchEl editor by dragging them out using the atom label edit tool. See revision f4df891cfc.
- Fixed the problem where the user could not type numbers 1,2,3 or 0 into atom labels as these are hotkeys for selecting the bond tools. See revision 0459c61973.
- The eraser icon for the image editor was not presenting with correct transparency in Fedora, Windows. Fixed in revision 0604d27643.
- Copy, cut and paste key combinations now work in SketchEl chem structure editor. See revision 4a7751e990.
- The list of libraries used in a quiz corresponding to a quiz history entry is now wrapped at 45 characters or the nearest comma. Revision f7d6b40919.
- There is now a Save and Close button in the library manager - however it is still okay to simply close the window. See revision 6e04fd33ed.
- The library manager and quiz setup dialog now automatically navigate to whatever group was most recently open in the library manager previously. See revisions 7a306d796c and 4a7751e990.
- In quiz time, the library from which the current question was taken is now displayed at the top of the window. See revision a8387fd1bb.
- Quiz history records are now in reverse chronological order. See revisions 644df8615f and 73f595edc1.
- Quiz history records are now coloured to indicate the grade of the user for that particular entry. See revisions 644df8615f.
- A description of the selected library is now shown in the quiz setup dialog box. See revision df583ef92a.
- Several arrow templates, and a carbonyl template, have been added to the chemical structure editor. See revision ba1e315624.
- The chemical structure editor now offers an option in the menu to Save as Template. Ingatan has a new directory in its home folder for storing custom user templates. These are loaded automatically based on whatever .el files are in the directory upon load. Revision 40f7562748.
- A new class has been added to take care of converting old Ingatan files to new Ingatan files. No filetype before version 1.2.1 will be compatible, this conversion refers to filetypes after version 1.2.1. Currently this class is empty as no conversions are required. See revision 3faa880a19.
From Version 1.2.0 to Version 1.2.1
- Fixed a problem with displaying library statistics after a new library is selected. See revision 3371526e9f.
- Caret position in quiz time question and answer areas is set to 0 after question display. Revision a1dc707d38.
- All files written now have a file version tag so that future file types are back-compatible. All content created with previous versions of Ingatan will fail to load in the new version - but I don't think anyone is really using Ingatan at time of release. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll put out a fix. Revision 9e8bd2ff1b.
- Added a 'display only' option for lists. This means they can be used as the row headings for other list fields used in conjunction to produce a table-like question. Revision 1e9355768c.
NOTE: Version 1.2.1 (above) is not back compatible with the following versions (all versions prior to 1.2.1). From version 1.2.1 onwards, all versions of Ingatan will be back-compatible.
From Version 1.1.5 to Version 1.2.0
- Fixed a problem with the edit answer fields dialogue. NullPointerException due to the EmbeddedAudio answer field. See revision 1fe86e9fc2.
- Method for copying questions to another library was in no way robust in the way it resolved image file dependencies. Only EmbeddedImage objects were taken care of. Fixed in revision 1ad57f62f1.
- Bug with copying multiple paragraphs of rich text fixed. For details, see revision 705bdb9ea4.
- Answer fields were not being contextualised after being pasted. Fixed in revision 1fb3e2eb75.
- Fill in the list answer field was not marking correctly. Fixed in revision 898ee0d217.
- Fixed issue 9 . Size of the answer field frames in the answer field editor dialogue. See revision 552478c070.
- Set the default font of the table question option pane to the default font for the JPanel.
- Fixed painting problem when changing libraries.
- Image Acquisition menu now loads very quickly, as it is no longer instantiated each time it is shown. See revision f81fb88fb9.
- New 'hint' answer field. This little hint button allows you to show rich text as a popup at quiz time, hence setting your own hints for questions. See revision c19e3a8737.
- Implemented copy and paste for RichTextAreas, supporting images, answer fields and math text, as well as text style formatting. See revisions 25b2c3a68f, 0b6e3aab76, e165872558, 1ad57f62f1, and 0a83849c6f.
- Updated the simple text answer field and fill-in-the-list answer field UI, now more sleek and easier to include simple text answer fields inline with other text. See revision 898ee0d217.
- Added a first-load message to both Ingatan generally, and to the library manager. These address 1) what to do if Ingatan runs slowly under OpenJDK, 2) The fact that the library manager automatically saves your work, and 3) How to get started in the library manager; new library, new question.
From Version 1.1.0 to Version 1.1.5
- Fixed a huge bug in release 1.1.0. The question text was not being shown for any table question unless a question template was set. Fixed in revision bc31e673d3.
- Again for table questions - the written type answer field was not showing at all. Fixed in the above revision, see details.
- Fixed issue 3.
- Can now set the font and quiz-time font size for table questions. This means that custom fonts (such as those used for kanji/asian language characters) can now be used. The font size means that the characters can be made large. See revisions 9bc749d2af, and a2944cecaf.
From Version 1.0.5 to Version 1.1.0
- Word wrap was failing for simple text answer fields used as part of a sentence. This was fixed in revision e68aaef930.
- Display of the correct answers for simple text area answer fields was cut-off. Fixed in revision 28fd7a9964.
- A NullPointerException ocurred after the user imported a library, when they closed the LibraryManagerWindow. This was fixed in revision 71a6bce126.
- Can now embed audio (ogg formats) into flexi questions by default. This addition comes in the form of a new default answer field. This answer field can be inserted into any of the text areas of a flexi question (question text, answer text, or post-answer text). See revisions c97debf525, afadcd30b5, and 6e9aa73a34.
- The SimpleTextField class now auto-expands if it is too small to show its SymbolMenu. This was implemented in revisions 2ce06d0f92, 115b7e7016, and 14f0a681d2.
- Answer fields can now set whether or not they should be able to be inserted into the question and post answer text areas. See revision bdacece928 and for implementation in LibraryManager see 777dff8a6c.
- The ActionListener that the QuizWindow adds is now added to all answer fields. It used to be that an ActionListener would only be added if there was only 1 answer field present. Now, an action listener is always added. When the listener is fired, if there is only 1 answer field present for that question, then the ContinueAction is fired, otherwise focus traversal occurs to the next answer field. See revision 604ebfc3e6.
From Version 1.0.0 to Version 1.0.5
- When making changes to a library and then changing the group and selecting another library, the original library was not being saved. Fixed in revision 0df1eb04a9.
- When closing the quiz window, if no questions had been answered, the user repsonse was not checked. The quiz menu would close whether the user clicked yes or no. Fixed in revision 4348246db1.
- NullPointerException when adding an answer field with no package. Fixed in revision 41b64fb78e.
- When removing an answer field, a ConcurrentModificationException was thrown because answer fields entries were being removed from the list that was being iterated. Fixed in revision caf0b286e5.
- Now deletes answer field class file from the answer fields directory when it is removed from Ingatan - whoops. Fixed in revision 00810ef6fa.
- The DataTable cell editor was interfering with the SymbolMenu when the backspace key was pressed. Fixed in revision 2032524960.
- The SymbolMenu could not be used by the list-type answer field at quiz time, because the enter key (which selects a special character) had been mapped as a focus traversal key. Fixed in revision e4b280a4bf.
- Simple text answer field has had font size and maximum/minimum sizes tweaked.
- When editing or creating a new library, the library name is now selected by default.
- The top most answer field is now focussed by default when a new question is shown in quiz time.
- Tweaked the font style of auto-generated table question templates for quiz time.
- IAnswerField interface now has a setContinueActionListener method which provides the answer fields with a means by which to trigger the quiz to perform the ContinueAction. The QuizWindow will do this only if the answer field is the only field in the current question, otherwise, focus will be shifted to the next answer field down. See revision ffd237245a.