Each day will start at 9am and meetings will be held in room 104 of the Haslam building at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Monday August 3
- Introduction to computer architecture
- Introduction to parallel algorithms and performance modeling
- Basic parallel programming with the Message Passing Interface
- Account setup and machine access
Tuesday August 4
- Intermediate and advanced programming with MPI
- OpenMP and hybrid MPI/OpenMP programming
Wednesday August 5
- The Global Arrays library and non-uniform memory access (NUMA)
- Parallel programming inside the NWChem computational chemistry framework
Thursday August 6
- Scalable algorithms and programming models or how to exploit 1,000,000+ processors
- Relevance of MPI, OpenMP, Global Arrays, etc.
- Partitioned global address space (PGAS) languages
Friday August 7
- What does the future have in store and how to prepare for it?
- Technology trends
- Software trends