What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have older version of authenticator on your Android on your device
2. Get prompted to update your existing authenticator app
3. Agree to the update, get sent to Google Play for download
4. New version gets installed
5. Prompted for removal of old version
6. Old version gets removed along with the icon on my device's Android home page
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The user friendly approach would be to remember where the old version's icons were placed and have the new version put its icon (hopefully the same icon to not further confuse the user) in the same location on the Android device's screen
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
This behavior was observed upon the installation of Version 2.15 on a DROID2 smartphone running Android versoin 2.3.4
Please provide any additional information below.
The prompt/message to remove the old version had an "alarmist" tone to it. I can't remember the exact wording, but to me it sounded like I had to interrupt my work flow that very minute and take care of it right away. This is security sensitive software after all.