TextMate Style Autocompletion for Gedit
A simple Gedit plugin that provides TextMate style autocompletion. The plugin indexes the words in the current document and autocompletes the current word when the Escape key is pressed. Tapping Escape cycles through available completions.
Autocompletion can be done based on words in the current document only, or based on words in all open documents.
- Download the latest version (gedit-tm-autocomplete-1.0.5.tar.gz) from the downloads page
- Extract the archive and run install.sh
- Restart Gedit
- Enable "TextMate Style Autocompletion" in Edit->Preferences->Plugins
- The autocompletion scope (current document, all documents in the current window, or all documents in the application) can be changed in the plugin configuration dialog (Edit->Preferences->Plugins->TextMate Style Autocompletion->Configure Plugin)
- Since version 1.0.3 The matches returned by the plugin are ordered based on their distance from the cursor in the current document by default. Matches from other documents follow this and are ordered alphabetically. The previous behavior, that of sorting all matches alphabetically, can be restored by changing the sort order to alphabetical in the configuration dialog.
- Since version 1.0.3 The last accepted match is promoted to the front of the match list returned by the plugin if it is a match. This behavior can be disabled in the configuration dialog.
- Since version 1.0.4 The autocompletion trigger (Escape by default) can be changed in the configuration dialog.