- Code license
New BSD License
CrashRpt is a free open-source library designed for intercepting exceptions in your C++ program, collecting technical information about the crash and sending error reports over the Internet to software vendor.
The latest version: crashrpt v1.4.2 (What's New) Release date: 8 April 2013
You can open the downloaded archive using 7-Zip program.
Online Documentation - CrashRpt user manual & API reference
Forum - Ask a CrashRpt related question
An example of user interface MoreScreenshots
- Supports Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and Visual C++ Express1. Can be compiled for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
- Works in Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Handles exceptions in the main thread and/or in all worker threads of your user-mode program: SEH exceptions, unhandled C++ typed exceptions, signals and CRT errors.
- Generates error report including crash minidump, extensible crash description XML, application-defined files, desktop screenshots and screen capture videos.
- Can display its UI using different languages, which makes it even more suitable for multi-lingual applications.
- Sends error reports in background after user has provided his/her consent. HTTP (or HTTPS), SMTP and Simple MAPI are available methods to transfer the report data over the Internet.
- Automatically restarts the application on crash (if user provides his/her consent).
- Small overhead to the size of the software - only 1,9 Mb of additional files: CrashRpt.dll, CrashSender.exe, crashrpt_lang.ini, dbghelp.dll.
- Automates error report processing on developer's side using command-line tool. This option becomes helpful when you receive lots of error reports from users of your software. Provides API for accessing error report properties and files programmatically.
1) Windows Driver Kit or Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 is required to compile in Visual C++ Express.