ChmSee is not being developed anymore.
I haven't read CHM documents more than a year, new and update IT books are pdfs or epubs, so it's right time to end this chm viewer.
ChmSee is an HTML Help viewer for Unix/Linux.
Build and installing instruction located in tarball's README.md, you can also view this file at https://github.com/jungleji/chmsee/blob/master/README.md
- 2013-08-25: Stop maintain.
- 2013-06-28: Release ChmSee 2.0.2 to compatible with xulrunner 22.
- 2013-04-22: Release ChmSee 2.0.1 to compatible with xulrunner 20.
- 2013-01-18: Release ChmSee 2.0.
- 2012-08-21: Support FreeBSD 9.0 and tag version to v1.99.13.
- 2012-07-22: Update with xulrunner 14.0. tag v1.99.12.
- 2012-06-11: Update gecko MaxVersion to 13.*.
- 2012-04-28: Compatible with xulrunner 12.0.
- 2012-04-03: Tag v1.99.09 and support xulrunner 11.0.
- 2012-02-19: Make chmsee compatible with xulrunner 10.0.
- 2012-01-01: Merge Yuan Yijun's patch for xulrunner 9.0 and tag v1.99.07.
- 2011-11-20: Update chmsee to v1.99.06, you can download it from https://github.com/jungleji/chmsee/tags.
- 2011-08-23: Update chmsee to v1.99.05 to work with xulrunner 6.0.
- 2011-07-16: Update fuel component to work on xulrunner 5.0. Tag v1.99.03.
- 2011-07-02: Tag v1.99.02 for testing with xulrunner 5.0. tarball can be downloaded from https://github.com/jungleji/chmsee/downloads.
- 2011-05-03: Sorry! A wrong version src/Makefile mixed in Release 1.3.1 tarball, so release a clean version 220.127.116.11.
- 2011-05-03: Release 1.3.1 compatible with xulrunner 2.0.*.
- 2011-04-16: Xul + XPCOM based ChmSee code is imported to github. In the next major release, ChmSee will be a xulrunner application. Gtk based ChmSee 1.* code has been moved from master branch to gtk.
- 2011-01-28: ChmSee with webkit, patch provided by HuangJianZhong.CN. You can get and try it by checking out the webkit branch from github.
- 2011-01-16: ChmSee 1.3.0 release.
- 2010-12-14: ChmSee 1.3.0-rc2. Fix filter bug in index tree.
- 2010-12-01: ChmSee 1.3.0-rc1. Follow XDG Base Directory Specification. Global font setting.
- 2010-07-23: ChmSee 1.2.0 release.
- 2010-06-28: ChmSee 1.2.0-rc2. Fix crash problem.
- 2010-05-30: ChmSee 1.2.0-rc1. Add page previous&next function, and improved language setting.
- 2010-04-12: ChmSee 1.1.0. No more bugs found, so release it.
- 2010-04-05: ChmSee 1.1.0-rc2. Adjust context menu, add windows-1250 encoding.
- 2010-03-29: ChmSee 1.1.0-rc1. Fix build problem on gentoo and fedora.
- 2010-03-26: ChmSee 1.1.0-beta. support xulrunner 1.9.2+
- 2009-09-14: ChmSee 1.0.7 released. fix bugs, 2 new languages supported.
- 2009-07-12: ChmSee 1.0.6 released. support index, fix bugs (http://bit.ly/8g0bm), 8 new languages supported.
- 2009-05-17: ChmSee 1.0.5 released. support fullscreen, switch to cmake, fix several bugs, 6 new languages supported.
- 2009-03-14: ChmSee 1.0.4 released. supoprt "drag & drop", fix several bugs, drop cs2w.
- 2009-01-10: ChmSee 1.0.3 released. add "copy page location" in context menu, update translation.
- 2009-01-05: Move ChmSee project homepage from http://chmsee.gro.clinux.org to http://code.google.com/p/chmsee/.
ChmSee was originally developed by zhong. Since version 0.9.6, it is developed by Ji YongGang, Li Daobing.