Here you will find a good and cheap method to test yourself the ArduCopter firmware in HIL (Hardware In the Loop) mode with the AeroSIM-RC simulator.
- a PC computer,
- an ArduMega board APMv1 (1280, 2560)or APMv2,for the APMv1, no IMU shield is required (more info HERE),
- the AeroSIM-RC v3.81 simulator (Demo or Retail version):
- update the Aerosim-RC 3.81 to the v3.83 by downloading this update: http://www.aerosimrc.com/downloads/AeroSIMRC_3.83-3.81.exe
- the firmware ArduCopter v2.4.1xp2 DCM or more installed on the APM,
- the Mission Planner v1.1.48 (or more) installed on the PC, you may download the latest version in the Ardupilot-mega official repository with GIT
- the HIL setups and param files for the HIL simulation
- You will find in the ArduCopter_HIL_setups.zip, , the AeroSim plug-in (plugin_AeroSIMRC.dll) in the AeroSIM_HIL/APMHil/ folder.
- You will find also in the ArduCopter_HIL_setups.zip, the quadcopter model MD4.mdl in the AeroSIM_HIL/ folder.
- Unzip the archive ArduCopter_HIL_setups.zip
- copy the folder \APMHill in the AeroSiM folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Plugin\
- copy the quadcopter model MD4.mdl in the AeroSiM folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Data\
- check that in the firmware the parameters of the APM_Config.h are set, then upload the firmware to the APM:
#define HIL_MODE HIL_MODE_ATTITUDE
#define X_PLANE ENABLED
- upload the AC241xp2_MD4_HIL.param (found in the ArduCopter_HIL_setups\AeroSim_Hill folder ) with the mission planner to your APM board.
- launch the APM mission planner
- click on the Tab simulation
- click on CONNECT on the top right corner
- click on the button AeroSim and set the parameters as below:
- click on the Tab Configuration, do the stick calibration
- click on the Tab Mode, set the MODE
- click again on the Tab simulation
- click on Start simulation
- launch the AeroSIM-RC then select Plugin and APMHil
Enjoy flying with AeroSIM in HIL mode
You will find some videos of HIL simulations at:
More infos at: http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin
Enjoy with the HIL simulation with AeroSIM-RC...