Please describe the problem in detail. Be sure to include:
- Which version of Android you're using
Android 4.2 with API 16
- Which hardware you're using
The ARM emulator with GPU on.
- Whether your issue exists both on a device and on the emulator
We only observe this issue on emulator running on vista 32 bit OS. And we also didn't observe this issue on Win7 32/64 bit machines.
- Steps to reproduce the problem
Surfing websites on the browser, for example visiting youtube.com, the browser randomly cause the whole emulator crash and exit.
- Sample source code demonstrating the problem
It's possible related to GL on the emulator, when we disabling the GPU in the emulator. The emulator works normally.
- What you think the correct behavior should be
Below is more details of this issue:
The host machine is dell vostro desktop:
CPU: Sandy bridge i7 2600 running at 3.4 GHZ
Video NVidia GeForce GTS 450 with drivers dated since 2 October 2012
OS: Vista 32x
The crash can be reproduce on several machines on our side. We also recorded the desktop so you can see exactly what is happening.
In the attached archive you will find new kernel log dump , logcat and also the recorded movie.
The avd was configure with 512 MB ram, heap 32, Device Nexus 7 system image 4.2 Api level 16